Saturday, 22 April 2023
  7 Replies
  407 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I was wondering why we are using Bin1 with 294MM.

294MM is the few CMOS camera that Bin2 provide hardware advantage over Bin1, 14bit ADC vs 12bit,  and higher dynamic range.

Given the focal length of the pier. is there a reason we are using Bin1 instead of Bin2?

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

mmmmm

Honestly, because we never used the unlock bin1 mode function we presumed it was running at native 2x2 as the camera should, how wrong were we. No wonder the files are so dam huuuge!

This does put us in a quandary, change or leave as is. I will let the members decide but if you do decide we need to clear out the vast majority of jobs in the queue before changing the settings over

Alternatively, we can input all new jobs from today in 2x2 and take new darks etc, this will mean that older jobs are outputted 2x2 whilst the jobs in the queue at present will be 1x1 ?

Apologies from us for this, Please discuss and let us know what you need us to do :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

I vote for inputing all new jobs from today in Bin2.

However, I dont mind switching all current jobs to Bin2 as well.

The only thing I am against keep using Bin1.

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

I am fine with moving to bin 2x2, but can we let 1940 p1 m100 1169 complete as is?

Cheers

Manuel

Manuel
Roboscopes General Technical

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

I have rectified our mistake, all jobs apart from M100 are now 2x2

Sorry about the hiccup, we will get new 2x2 darks done with the moon starts playing a major role  in proceedings againembarassed

ps

I notice a few jobs that have now set, please let me know via the removal tool if the can be removed from the pier queue

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you Steve

Do we also want to consider using 120 Gain? Pier 1 is a slow telescope, using the HCG at 120 might be helpful without much loss in dynamic range

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you Steve

Do we also want to consider using 120 Gain? Pier 1 is a slow telescope, using the HCG at 120 might be helpful without much loss in dynamic range

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you Steve

Already done :)

I should have said in the post

Steve

PS

I have left all the other jobs turned off for now so the m100 job gets finished with current binning and gain settings

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham