Saturday, 12 September 2020
  2 Replies
  223 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I thought I would quickly process this and post it. I have also posted the Veil Nebula widefield, which appears to be the same data as once before - anyway, my new version, which looks not much different than my last one, is here! Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup. For the veil I used 210 subs - a mixture of 60s and 120s, creating an integration time of approximately 5 hours. IC1590 was made from 120 subs each at 2 minutes long each - totalling 4 hours.

Thanks everybody.

Simon

Veil and open cluster v2.jpg

IC1590 widefield2.jpg
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 
I think I've finally figured out what you're doing. By taking and posting these in an almost random sequence, you're trying to disguise the fact that you're actually creating the Simon Downing Northern hemisphere digitised sky survey.

There is also a pattern emerging with regards to the image names you are choosing when using pier 4.Recently you posted an image supposedly of ngc7333, on which with my eyesight I could just make out ngc7331. Apparently ngc7333 is a 14th magnitude multiple star lying near the galaxy ngc7331.
Perhaps you should put a circle around it. :) :) 

Now admittedly on the image shown here of ic1590 you can zoom in and make out that star cluster in ngc281, but it was never going to merit being given the title of the image at around 10 minutes of arc. About 80 pixels wide!
So what can we expect from you next taken on that pier, "Close up view of M57 The Ring nebula"! 

I really hope you don't mind being the butt of my silly humour Simon. :) 

Best regards, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray, thank you so much for your amusing comments... it would be a unique thing to do to create my own survey of the northern hemisphere. But I'm not going to!   :  )  I absolutely do not mind your sense of humour and I always appreciate your comments because you are always so supported on every image I do. Please take care over the coming days and I look forward to any new image from you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I tell you what... I wouldn't mind doing a close-up of the ring nebula!!!

Simon
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road