Monday, 17 August 2020
  7 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Yay, my first set of data!

This is panel 1 of 2 for a mosaic I want to make, needs way more data still but it was a nice first test. The signal of this telescope is great, it just needs better calibration files as I couldn't use the darks nor flats. Luckily the sensor itself is pretty clean so I could do with post-corrections using Astro Pixel Processor.

It's a mix (R: 50% Ha, 50% SII, G: 20% Ha, 80% OIII, B: 100% OIII), with Ha: 3x 10 min, SII: 4x 10 min and OIII: 4x 10 min.
When I have more data, I'm going to try some mild drizzling as well as it seems a tiny bit under-sampled, so that might give sharper results even.

And for those wondering about the rotation on pier 3; Up is 270 degrees E of N

combine-Bubble_Nebula-NGC7635--90degCCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-mod-lpc-cbg-SC-St.jpg
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
have no fear, we are on calibration frames, reshooting pier 3 this week :)

Steve

Nice image by the way!

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Superb, thanks Steve! The data itself will be safely stored so whenever the calibration is good I can always reprocess. :)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well done with your image! Thanks for posting...
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Awesome Image there Vincent :)

Good job!

New calibration for Pier 3 will be going up this week-end.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well done Vincent! Really pleased for you. Simon
Votes
Undo
Hi Vincent, 

Bit late seeing this image, as I normally would have replied sooner.

This is a very nice scene indeed and the colours you've used really add to its appeal. Thanks for the details of how you achieved that nice colour mix, hope you don't mind if I make use of it some time. The bubble as you've shown it, really does appear to be bursting out of the nebulosity. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your planned mosaic. 

Regards, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks everyone! Yeah this was just a "quickie" to be honest, to test out the equipment. :) But given the scopes, it's definitely easier to capture some great photons.

And thanks Ray, I like to post these kind of details, precisely because it's nice for others usually as well. So of course I don't mind. I've been working as a scientist, so sharing has always been in my blood anyway. :) And if you guys have any remarks on how to improve things, I always love to hear those.

Cheers, Vincent
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road