Sunday, 03 December 2023
  13 Replies
  1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

We have just book the trip to do this swap plus some other maintenance on other piers whilst there. Please be mindful with the amount of work in P14 already not to overload it with work it cannot complete.

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

OK Steve. It looks like there is more work in the queue than we can reasonably expect to be done anyway. I will hold off any submissions until the change. If a lack of 'now' jobs emerges, I am sure you will let us know!

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

OK Steve. It looks like there is more work in the queue than we can reasonably expect to be done anyway. I will hold off any submissions until the change. If a lack of 'now' jobs emerges, I am sure you will let us know!

Will do, its got quite a good amount of "now" jobs in which is perfect plus its wet season anyway so imaging nights are limited, we will do our best to get it all done but if you can check them asap once finished so retakes for haze etc can go back in the queue ASAP please :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

hi,

if possible, when u install the E160 can u set the rotation to 180 or 0 degrees. That way i can match it to data coming of my E160 in another remote observatory....

TIA

vikas

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

hi,

if possible, when u install the E160 can u set the rotation to 180 or 0 degrees. That way i can match it to data coming of my E160 in another remote observatory....

TIA

vikas

Will do our best, it's a standard Tak focuser with rotation, so we do or best by eye to be honest. Not that we are eve that far out even by eye :)

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks, a few degrees here and there in such a wide field wont matter, i think i am at 178 or such......thanks for doing this...

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

We will do our best to keep it as close to what it is on pier-14 now as was can don’t worry

we have 2x 160’s as it happens and the 2nd one is off to Australia next month :)

Steve 

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Steve, 

An Epsilon 160 off to Australia?

Now you're either intent on world domination in the realm of astrophotography, or, you've switched plans from Chile to Oz.

If it's the former then apparently there are some really good dark sites in Utah and New Mexico, also, I believe China is starting to become a popular option. The advantage of the latter is that they could deliver stuff directly to the site immediately after manufacture, saving on shipping costs.

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

No, just world domination as it's both locations :) Oz for the smaller gear and Chile for the bigger gear in reality

All are good suggestion Ray and great sites but they all lack a certain ingredient, that being the large populations of astronomers live in the Northern Hemisphere with zero access to the southern objects whilst they in most cases can image the north themselves albeit in most cases with inferior skies to a dark location :)

We will in time add another location in the north but have not decided where yet and my pockets unlike my sarcasm are not endless either :(

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Ps are you joining Discord? It will be just up your street, you can prattle on in real-time on Discord ray :)

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Steve, 

Me joining Discord? Maybe when I've finally got to grips with using this forum. 

When new ways of doing things are introduced I often struggle to adapt. For example after they switched from chalk on slate tablets to pencil and paper it took me a while to learn to only use the pointy end of the pencil. With chalk it didn't matter which end you used. Now perhaps you'll understand. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

I actually find Discord much easier than these forums, Ray. Using these forums takes me back to when everything was in cuneiform!

Small learning curve, but you just stick to defaults for the most part and you will be golden.

“There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.”

― Abraham Lincoln

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Lol!

Was drinking a cup of tea (Chuck) when I read that and I nearly choked. Crikey you are old!

Anyway thanks for the encouragement.

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

I actually find Discord much easier than these forums, Ray. Using these forums takes me back to when everything was in cuneiform!

Small learning curve, but you just stick to defaults for the most part and you will be golden.

'Ere none of that modern syllabic writing and wedge-shaped stylus nonsense! The pictogram, the whole pictogram and nothing but the pictogram!

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham