Saturday, 20 June 2020
  16 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I thought it was time I got in on the action - here is my version of the North American nebula from Pier 6...

8 x Ha, 12 x O3, 14 x S2 all at 600s plus calibration frames, only 2.6 hours of data integrated which show how good this data is!

Regards

Regards

Mark NGC7000_HP_PI_PS.jpg
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Excellent work Mark. Well done to you and thank you for your supportive comments about my recent images also. Simon   :  )
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Beautifully done Mark....love to colour you have managed to get out of this one

Peter Shah - Collimation & Telescope servicing.
Visit my personal imaging website at astropix.co.uk
For Image Processing Tutorials

We can supply your new high quality Newtonian or Dall Kirkham Astrograph

Peter Shah
Roboscopes Observatory Controller

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nice image Mark keep them coming ?

if you can is it possible to add filters, integrations times etc to the description as it really helps other people see what datas been used to get to the final image :)

ps how you getting on with the ZWO OSC, got an image yet lol ?

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks! Safe journey - hope all goes well...
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Steve

Will do!  I'll edit the post...

Got the ZWO balance on the 10"RCT and did BIAS and DARKS last night, but no image yet.  Seems the ZWO needs more patient patient cooling than the QSi which I learned last night.   Getting ready for clear skies coming this week....

Regards

Mark
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Simon - this really does seem like a supportive community - nice to be a part of!
Votes
Undo
Hi Mark,
Thank you for sharing your image, yet another one that wouldn't be out of place in a monthly astronomy magazine. I do like that colour palette you used in the image, and a great amount of detail showing. 
I now understand why they are installing another one of this scope, it's capable of doing a wide range of targets both broad and narrowband. I'd certainly be very interested in the odd bit of info on integration times you used. 
Cheers and kind regards, 
Ray (old dog slowly learning new skills and tricks)

To qualify last comment, I even struggle at times posting replies on this forum. They don't always make it, so hope this does. lol

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo
Sorry Mark I just reread your post, all the info is already there, so thanks for the information. 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray

Many thanks - Steve also asked for the info to be put there (it wasn't earlier this morning) so I added it.  Thanks for the support, much appreciated! 

Regards

Mark
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Lovely processed image there Mark!

nice one

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks!
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Funny you should say that Ray - I just heard that AstronomyNow are going to publish this image in the next magazine.  I have had a few in Sky at Night but this is the first in AstronomyNow!

I hope they will include the location of the kit I gave as being Roboscopes, Spain....

Regards

Mark
Votes
Undo
Mark, 
That's great news! I'll certainly make sure I buy that copy of the magazine as I stopped subscribing to it a couple of years ago and just kept the Sky at Night. Have recently stopped that too. Wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to. 
I'll have to rummage through some of my old magazines and see if I can find any of your other ones. Well done for that. A published astrophotographer indeed. My ones look okay but only when viewed as icons on my computer. Lol. 

Take care, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Ray.  Funny you should say that, but I have lost faith in Skyatnight too - ever since they change the on line presence I have not got much value out of trhe subscription...

April 2017 was my high point in Skyatnight - won the monthly competition with my Rose Galaxy picture.

I find I much prefer AstronomyNow these days...

Regards

Mark
Votes
Undo
Hello Mark, 
Thanks for the extra info. For anyone wishing to look at that Rose galaxy image, google 'Rose galaxy sky at night'. 

To be blunt, if that was entered in a beauty contest for galaxy images it would be an also ran. Thank goodness that the  magazine photo pickers aren't like me, and know enough to recognise a great image on its merits. 

What a challenging galaxy, and such commitment to put in the effort probably not knowing if you could pull it off. The smallest I've imaged with an sct which is still recognisable, is the ring nebula. What you took probably would fit inside the ring with plenty of room to spare. I doubt it covers more than a couple of hundred pixels and then consider it was taken in the UK, really impressive. 

Clear skies, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray

Thank you for your kind words!  One day I'll go back and do a bin 2x2 - that was back in the day when I didn't know the value of it ;-)

That is the thing about this hobby, continuous learning!

Regards

Mark
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road