Saturday, 05 September 2020
  4 Replies
  238 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Morning everyone. I processed this partly today and over the last week, on and off, so I hope you like it.

Thanks
Simon

Pier 7 is a William Optics FLT132 F5.6 APO, with a QSI 660-WSG Mono CCD camera, all on a Paramount MX mount. I was able to use from the data provided, 18 Has, 18 OIIIs and 20 SIIs, all at 10 minutes long each. The integration time was thus 9 hours and 10 minutes. 

NGC6888 Pier 7 finalised.jpg

Votes
Undo
Hi Simon,

If you looked at that you'd conclude that space was really crowded. I don't know why but it must be to do with the way you process these images, all very subtle and not 'in your face'. That was a lead in to something I perhaps should keep to myself, but there is a head of an alien bird-like creature in the middle of the Crescent.  It's so much easier to make out in your image Simon. The eye with the iris highlighted is a bit to the left of the almost central star. The beak like jaw is on the left and the back of the head to the right of the nebula is elongated ending with a few slightly-red,feathers maybe. Please tell me you can make it out, even just to humour me. :) A short neck and a bit of the torso are also there.

What is wrong with me?

I also saw 'The Thing' (apparenty a Marvel comic book character), and made a reference to it when commenting on your wide image of Rho Ophiuci some time back, where he is shown standing. Okay, bear in mind that  Antares is making him look a bit orange, and space is quite dark hence the headtorch on the forehead which doesn't quite match with his/its picture. 

I'm thinking there ought to be a collection of your images, including the Downing Duck. Simon's Collection Of Unique Space Ephemera. Remember in terms of the age of the universe these are fleeting images . Give or take a few hundred millennia they won't offer the same view, so yes ephemera.

Apologies for more rambling. 

Best wishes,  Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nice image Simon, good colours as always

Pier 7 really is a wolf in sheeps clothing. for a 5" scope it realy does pull in some great data with surprising resolution

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks a lot Steve always appreciated.

Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am quote fond of the crescent after seeing it :) to be fair it kind of reminds me of a jellyfish that lost it's tentacles :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road