Latest Announcement: On Going Site Upgrades & Data Sharing View Post
  Sunday, 31 January 2021
  5 Replies
  261 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I found this image more difficult than I thought I would to process, hoping for a bit more from it. But, after several goes, this was the best compromise. This comprises of 48 subs, 12 in each of the filters, all at 10 minutes long exposure time, from pier 1. Imaging time was thus 8 hours. Have a good night everybody...

NGC 4725 Pier 1 final2.png
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon,

You're really back and busy again. I've found so many new images from you posted recently and will definitely use them to guide me as to what order I approach them. This is a very acceptable image and the fact that it took you a bit longer means it will go towards the end of my list. Sharing them with us is very useful. It helps me a great deal as personally I have little idea of what half of the objects are and how they might look.

I know that it is only those of us who joined a syndicate that have been having the great benefit of, only up until now though, of data from a variety of piers. Not sure though if they'd still be there for anyone joining now. 

That data alone has made a relatively small investment as a syndicate member worthwhile, not withstanding the benefit of being able to collect many hours of data for each object. The cost of paying for that amount of time on an individual pier basis would inhibit the amount one would book, ending up with possibly a much less satisfactory outcome.

A syndicate membership is of course only for dedicated imagers to whom that pier matches what they are most interested in. For me that was the wide field Takahashi. I will use the other piers for anything I'm keen on and are a more suitable choice. (Hope you don't mind Simon me using this to try and sell the benefits.) 

Really great to see you back again and processing in earnest, and your comments are gratefully received as someone who has experienced many of my earlier attempts. 

Hope all is well in the household Simon, 

Best wishes, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
One of my favourite galaxies....Great job wonderful star colour

Peter Shah - Collimation & Telescope servicing.
Visit my personal imaging website at astropix.co.uk
For Image Processing Tutorials

We can supply your new high quality Newtonian or Dall Kirkham Astrograph

Peter Shah
Roboscopes Observatory Controller

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Cheers Peter, good to hear from you today... Take care. Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=150]Evening Ray, thanks so much for finding my images to be of use to you - you are always good at supporting people, and I personally appreciate it a lot. Yes I have been doing a number of images lately, but I have slowed down a bit in recent hours. I will be posting some more soon - I just find it difficult to manage a lot, so I am trying to pace myself. I hope you are ok and that life is treating you well, and you are keeping your pecker up - as you say. It may be in the future I go for the same syndicated pier as you, but for now I will keep plodding on with the stuff sent my way. Have a great evening mate.

Simon[/size]
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Taking the occasional break is definitely recommended, and I look forward to your next batch when you're ready. 

Hoping all the family are keeping safe, and with the winter out of the way fairly soon, this damn disease will naturally decline and begin to affect people far less seriously. Freedom awaits. One thing about this hobby is that, depending on the weather and the ability to image from home, it is something that has not yet been prohibited by Hancock. You may need to wear a mask though while inside your obs. 

It is early days on this syndicate due to one minor issue, now resolved, and of course the weather. So the capturing of data is really only now about to start. When the weather cooperates again there will be a lot to look forward to. The field of view is amazing, probably not the best choice for galaxies, but then again some of those wide field images you've posted using pier 4 give a different and pleasing perspective. One target selected is a galaxy cluster mosaic chosen by Richard one of the syndicate, and one I'm looking forward to receiving, eventually. Be sure that as and when new data is received they'll appear on the forum. 

Best wishes, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road