Latest Announcement: My Datasets and Data Station and Dataset Zipping View Post
  Wednesday, 20 January 2021
  6 Replies
  287 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I am pleased to have been able to process the data from this excellent scope. I used 12 reds, 12 greens and 12 blues, each at 10 minutes long exposure time. This totals an integration time of 6 hours. Have a good night everyone...

NGC 4219 Pier 1  v2.png

Votes
Undo
Simon,

Really great to see you posting again. You certainly have been busy recently. 

I'm not certain but think I remember you saying that you had to omit the flat frames. Having had a brief look at some of the very recent data, I don't think it needs them right now. Maybe when Steve was last there he cleaned everything. I'm warming to this scope now, after my early encounter last Spring when there were nearly as many dust donuts as pixels! 

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Simon,

Really great to see you posting again. You certainly have been busy recently. 

I'm not certain but think I remember you saying that you had to omit the flat frames. Having had a brief look at some of the very recent data, I don't think it needs them right now. Maybe when Steve was last there he cleaned everything. I'm warming to this scope now, after my early encounter last Spring when there were nearly as many dust donuts as pixels! 

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Best wishes,

Ray
I will check the flats make sure they are ok. We did swap out the faulty camera on our last visit to Spain so could it be possible the flats from the old camera were used by mistake?

Peter Shah - Collimation & Telescope servicing.
Visit my personal imaging website at astropix.co.uk
For Image Processing Tutorials

We can supply your new high quality Newtonian or Dall Kirkham Astrograph

Peter Shah
Roboscopes Observatory Controller

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Wonderful image Simon......The FOV on this little scope is gorgeous perfect for this group of galaxies. 

Peter Shah - Collimation & Telescope servicing.
Visit my personal imaging website at astropix.co.uk
For Image Processing Tutorials

We can supply your new high quality Newtonian or Dall Kirkham Astrograph

Peter Shah
Roboscopes Observatory Controller

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Ray for supporting me and this image - it is good to hear from you. Yes I had some issues with the flats and tried very hard to solve them by processing in various ways, on this pier. But, I then discovered some new flats for pier 1, which are for these newer images. And they solved the problem. That said though, on the green subs and on the green flats, there is a huge doughnut which I cannot process out. It is there in this image, and so I could not push the data any further because of this fact. A shame rally, I hope it can get sorted... because, like you, I really have warmed to pier 1. I hope you are okay anyway... you take care. Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks so much Peter, much appreciated. It would be good to check the flats, especially bearing in mind what I have just written to Ray about the green channel in particular, please see below. Also, S147, Simeis 147, is available under pier 4, but when I stacked it all I could see nothing of the object. I know it is faint, but surely not that faint!   :   )   I would so like to process this. I know you did an exceptional job, well done, with pier 14s data of this, but I do not have access to that data to use, as it has not been posted... Just wondering anyway. Take care! Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nice there Simon - nice to have you back in the saddle

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road