Monday, 04 October 2021
  4 Replies
  1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi Pier 5 subscribers,

I am new Pier 5 member, and wanted to say hallo.  Thanks to Steve (Asatron) I found the form to fill in a submission for the Pier 5, but I also wanted to let fellow Pier 5 subscribers know is a more personal fashion.

So my suggestion is a deep image of The Shark Nebula, LDN1235.  I am a great believer in SNR, so I have proposed 10hours on the target, to capture as much of that IFN as possible.  Happy to hear your critique.

Regards

Brian
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Brian and welcome to Roboscopes!

I believe this would be a nice submission :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Phil, Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.  I see you are part of the support staff. As a postdoc, I worked as a support astronomer on the Isaac Newton group of Telescopes on La Palma - now almost 30 years ago.  I also observed on the Spanish 4m at Almeria, so I have very fond memories of Spanish-based telescopes.   Let's hope the rest of the Pier 5 team are also keen to observe this target, even though I realise that's it getting a little late in the year to observe.  Saved a little by its declination.
Brian
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Brian,
Vikas here from New Delhi, India. Welcome to Pier5. With your vast experience i am excited to see what all obscure and not so common targets u have.... exciting times!! I love dark nebulae so please do bring those on...... and since this is a OSC system they shud work well

vikas
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Vikas, Its Brian from Queenstown here.  Great to meet you. I am happy to bring on the dark nebula, although my knowledge of the Northern Hemisphere is not as good as the South.  Also keen to see what you come up with - enjoying your post on Astrobin.  Love the Elephants trunk.... and looking forward to your Perseus Molecular Cloud request
Brian
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham