Tuesday, 02 November 2021
  2 Replies
  1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi, I processed the data for LDN 998. A great target, and one which I would have put in the queue had it not been there already.

Unfortunately, the actual area imaged appears to be centred a degree or so north of LDN 998.  I cant tell if this is a case of the wrong coords being supplied (no coords given in the job list) or something else.  A bit of a shame, as there was a lot of good data collected.

Can anyone shed light on what happened?

Brian 
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
No coordinates given as part of the order when placed, so standard software database coordinates were used.

This is the same database coordinates all the other popular software uses but even so its not always as you may have want the object centred :(

see below

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 10.38.07.png

Any chance you can plate solve when you have a moment and I will double check the pointing on the scope just to be sure, not that it normally points bad. However its always worth checking we don't have a glitch in the matrix :)

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Steve,

Here is the image of LDN taken by Pier 5.  If you check it against an Astrobin image (purportedly of the same area), https://www.astrobin.com/full/zjl7zr/C/ -  the Pier 5 image lies off the very top of this image. 

Brian
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham