Sunday, 01 November 2020
  5 Replies
  241 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
The dark nebula taken on pier 5 the Takahashi 180 with a OSC camera, using 75 subs of 4 minutes each. Struggled for a while processing this and ended up reprocessing without using any flat frames, which helped. Yet another one I struggle to get decent stars, maybe one day I'll find a way. :)

The other image of Sh2-132 is a  narrowband one from pier 3 using 3 hours Ha, 5 hours O3 and 6 hours S2 data. Despite the large integration time I found it hard to stretch and get a denser looking image. Pleased with the data from this scope though, as always.

Thank you for looking.

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The result is stunning! I love it!
Votes
Undo
Thank you Shane, appreciate that. I'm really grateful for the encouragement. 

Images from people like yourself have shown what can be done, and that really helps. They have encouraged me to not give up and persevere until I feel I've done the best I can. Comments like yours and others really are a boost, particularly when you receive them and you're still a bit tired early in the morning. Nice to wake up to. Crikey, what time did you get up? :)

It's still a difficult time for everyone but hope to see more from you and others soon. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Good images there Ray, both not easy targets.  What exposure did you use on pier 3?

Dave
Votes
Undo
Thanks Dave, appreciated. 

The Lion nebula on pier 3 had a lot of exposure time, 13 hours in total. Processed in Pixinsight and tortured in Photoshop. I originally wrote down the wrong exposure times, these are the numbers. 

24 x 600s Ha
26 x 600s O3
28 x 600s S2

I like that pier and find it good for medium size DSOs. 

Cheers Dave, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks Ray.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road