Wednesday, 02 September 2020
  4 Replies
  313 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
[size=100]
[/size]

Well in-between work, my keys getting lost, which includes the office, my house and my two cars keys, [I still have not found them], and with my wife and children away, which means I had no means of getting in... so had to get the locksmith round - £103 later -  I managed to finalise this tonight. It has been a heavy day. I hope this looks like it is supposed to!

Take care everyone.

Simon

Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup. For ths object I used 80 subs each at 3 minutes long - totalling 4 hours.

LBN135 finished.jpg

Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 
What an awful day, one thing I really dread is the key saga. I only hope you manage to locate them.

That's a pleasing image, one that you can spend a while slightly zoomed  in and just looking. However you'd have saved me a tiny bit of time if you'd said it was ngc6820-ngc7822. :) I happen to know where that is, as it's on my ever growing list. :)  Just a fraction off the left side roughly central would have been m27, I even took to using a magnifying glass to make sure I hadn't overlooked it.  
These images of less often photographed regions taken wide field illustrates just how little we manage to capture using even our short refractors. 

Cheers and don't forget to water the lawn.
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Morning Ray,

I hope you are ok, the keys are still lost - maybe they are now opening secret doors into a strange world - my head probably! Oh well. I tell you, these designations are difficult, and I wish I had known it was NGC 6820-7822 too, although it did look a little familiar, because it would have made things clearer for me too. I think because the area is so vast in its field of view, that's why we get other 'names' because they covering the darks elements in a given region - I guess that is pretty obvious really. 

Anyway, thanks for all your kind support - look after your keys and water the lawn - my grass here is wet... and why you may ask? Is it because of my meticulous caring ways...? No! It rained in the night. Good news!

Bye!
Simon

[/size]
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon,

I don't bl***y believe it. Just logged on to reply to this and just noticed you've been at it again. Reply to one at a time I guess.

I always look up the name if I'm not sure of it and that's the only reason I now know its more common name. What I also like about these wide views is that you can use them to survey large areas and locate maybe several smaller interesting objects for further investigation. If something does attract and it would suit narrowband, then there is always the option to use something like pier11 the Epsilon130, in the near future. Alternatively, if Steve comes through with a multiband filter, then pier 5 as well.

All these images from pier 4 are really useful, so thank you.

Sit down.

I'm about to post an image from that pier after I've cast my critical eye over all your new postings, it's from a well known region however.

Cheers,
Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Looking good there Simon,

Steve sure seems to find these dark nebula's lol :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road