Sunday, 11 October 2020
  4 Replies
  304 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
From a 2 frame mosaic/panorama where each frame consisted of 2 hours of narrowband data in ha,o3 and s2, the crops of 'The Wall' and 'Eye of the Pelican' use overlapping data from both sets were created, hence 4 hours in each filter. Having problem posting the mosaic, will post later.

Thanks for viewing.

Tried and tried but unable to post the image, get message 'Undefined Insert All', not doing anything different to the other 2 images successfully inserted. Help........

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Unsure Ray - I haven't seen that to be fair. I will have a look

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Trying to post a compressed 30MB jpeg image of the pano consistently failed, but I thought there was a higher limit? Then tried a resize down to approx 5400 x 6200 pixels from the original 8600 x 9200 but that also failed. Finally, tried a much compressed version of the resized image squashed almost flat to 10 MB and it worked! I should point out that this will not show quite as much detail as in the 440MB tiff version. Got there in the end.

This is a 2 panel pano, each panel having 2 hours data in the 3 narrowband filters, 12 hours total time. 

Postscript:

While I'm on a roll I'll have a go at posting part of the pano containing ic5068, first image if it worked.

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have altered it Ray - the limits were 6000x6000 pixels but I have now changed to 8000 x 8000

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Hi Phil,

Thanks for that, there's just so many things to look after it must be a nightmare at times. Blame Mr A. for buying that mega pixel monster of a camera. It's really great though.

I did try and load a 6885 x 7842 image of 64.8 MB but it just refused as it had previously. :) Never mind, I did get it posted in the end.  Please don't concern yourself over this right now Phil, it'll keep. You're doing a great job on everything you have to do. :)

Take care ,

Kind regards, Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road