Latest Announcement: On Going Site Upgrades & Data Sharing View Post
  Sunday, 21 February 2021
  29 Replies
  273 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just submitted this job for future running when the target has risen enough.

Pane, RA, DEC, Position Angle (East), Pane width (arcmins), Pane height (arcmins), Overlap, Row, Column
Pane 1, 21hr 41' 06", 57º 16' 32", 90.00, 323.40, 215.40, 25%, -, -

IC1396.png
Votes
Undo
Richard that is a nice fit. :)

If Steve reads this then perhaps he'd kindly arrange to have the existing ic1396 submission removed, unless this was a specific one submitted by someone other than Richard and I. There are still a few of these 'unknowns' listed in the job list queue, which it would be nice to know what they are. Our ones can be recognised by our membership number contained within the submission reference, mine being 878. Anything prior to that may not be a specific booking required by someone, so it would be useful to isolate and remove anything submitted to keep the pier active.

One of the early ones I wanted and Steve had submitted on my behalf is 'The Tadpole'. There is higher up in the queue 'ic405' which is one the Tadpole's catalogue numbers, therefore duplication. If possible please end my 'Tadpole' submission and if possible send us what it has captured so far. This may be useful information to help us in case we may need to adjust exposure times. I cannot be sure but Richard you may have submitted a booking  that encompasses ic410 'Flaming Star' and ic405. If that is the case, then that existing 'ic405' would best be removed.

Once the tidying-up is completed, then between us all we can ensure no unnecessary duplicates are captured.

Sorry for the long Sunday sermon guys.  

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Some of the other bookings are ones you guys submitted before I created the submission database.

theres a mixture:

customer number & submission number = the current system.

submission number (random 3 digits) is first submission system I made

submissions with no id’s are your submissions via here or email and perhaps a few manual submissions by us.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi ray

if you get sorted and let me know We can go in and end any of the older orders that are in so only objects submitted under the new format count 

we can of course send the data over thats captured to date ?

Ps dont  forget when submitting you can put an object name as well as the coordinates, not sure if it has a submitted date function and I will check that tomorrow!

let me know as soon as you can and We can action as it saves duplication and wasted imaging time 

steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo
Hi all, 

Just a quick reply for now as I currently don't have the time to complete what I want to do in relation to the unknown targets. 

For now I'd just say that Phil is absolutely right, so before the submission form became available, a mix of submissions would have been made. So what to do? 

I'll soon draw up a list of targets in the jobs list where I can establish what they are. Point out duplicates and list the remainder for which there are no coordinates. Richard and I can have a final discussion on those. I'll then suggest the ones for deletion then leave it for Steve, or someone else to post a list of those that Richard and I would like removing. Only a roboscopes team member I believe can make a post that all interested parties will be notified of. 

That way anyone who had submitted one of those for deletion can make their voice heard. 

Cheers 

Ray 

Did I say a quick reply. :) 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo
Attached are the latest submissions and job lists for references. 

PART 1

This submission for ic1396 I believe replaces an earlier one submitted 21st January by Richard and appears near the foot of the job list. So is it okay to delete the earlier one?
At the same time as the earlier submission of ic1396 one was made for the Rosette nebula using coordinates:

RA 06h 19m 05s.      DEC 04d 09m 03s.

Now I cannot identify that on the job list which currently shows 7 unknown targets listed above ic1396. I suspect that it is one of those, but if we cannot identify which one, then maybe resubmit the Rosette in order that we can simply remove all of those 7 unknowns. What do you think. 

On the Job list it shows with one exception all of the submissions up to number 20, the absent one is 04, which from the coordinates is Orion and Horsehead nebulae region. There is probably an explanation for its absence. The most recent submissions 22 thru 26 do not yet appear in the job list, but will in due course. 

I'll end this part now and post the next part a bit later. 

Ray 
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Ray, if you look at the list now, I have pieced together what I can from earlier submissions and added them to the database for you.

The result of this is I have now changed the "next id'" in the sequence of the database so going forward the new submission id's will continue from them, which is fine.

I have discovered that submission 4 does not seem to be in the list and have let Pete know.
This was my fault I believe.

Hopefully this clears up alot of your questions regarding whats in the list :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Phil,

I'll keep on saying it, you're a star! You've saved me a heck of a lot of time by doing that. :)

First of all you've falsely blamed yourself. Submission 4 appears to be identical to an earlier submission which was assigned 128, so maybe that's why Peter didn't resubmit it? So we're good on that one. Just wanted to quickly point that out straight away.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo
Hi All,

Most of the current job list has been identified along with some duplicates thanks to Phil and Richard's early posts. Starting at the foot of the current job list, this is what they are:-

P14 Tadpole 11/11 - an early entry I made which is superseded by P14 coor 795 + P14 coor 347(mosaic of the Flaming Star & Tadpoles)
Please end this and if it's okay send us what it had captured.

P14 ngc2264 94 - the Cone nebula region submitted by Richard and now 50% completed

P14 ngc1499 394 - the California nebula submitted by Richard

P14 ic1396 153 - submitted originally by Richard, this however is identical to the subject of this post.
Better if Richard confirms that this entry can be removed.

P14 coor job 0 - not able to identify what this is just yet. Anyone got a clue?

P14 coor 985/986/987  - These are a bit of a mystery. In the new submissions list, 987 is a duplicate of 985 and also coor 113 shown below. The 2 other jobs 985 and 986 are a mosaic of the Heart & Soul nebulae, ic1805 and ic1848. 
I believe therefore 987 can be deleted, subject to both submissions 985 and 986 appearing in the job list.

P14 coor 830 - This is Richard's submission for the Rosette nebula.

P14 coor 795 and coor 347. This is a mosaic Richard submitted which includes ic410, Flaming Star and ic405, Tadpoles.

P14 coor 113 - This is the Heart nebula, which is part of the afore-mentioned Heart & Soul mosaic.  This entry should therefore be deleted.

ngc1579 - The Northern Trifid nebula. I cannot establish who submitted this, but a great choice.

ngc1333 - The Perseus Molecular cloud. One of my favourite areas, but not one submitted by me. Someone with equally good taste obviously. :)

M78 - Reflection nebula in Orion - possibly submitted by Richard. Has been started. :)

M63 - Sunflower galaxy - not sure who submitted this, but is nearly completed. :) Looks like a nice lot of data for us to work with.

LBN878 - Bright nebula in Orion - I believe Richard chose this one. It is so nearly complete. Let's hope when the moon starts to wane, this can be completed.

IC405 - This is the Tadpoles nebula part of 14 coor 795 and 347, so ought to be removed. Please speak now somebody if you disagree.

Edited in later - ic348, a reflection nebula in ic348. Not sure who submitted it, but a good choice.

IC1871 - Part of the Soul nebula. The declination coordinates of this object do not match those of the Heart& Soul mosaic, so I assume this is a one-off submission centred on the specific area ic1871. I see no need for this, unless someone says otherwise.

The remaining entries were all submitted using the submission form either by Richard or myself.

That's a lot to take in, but please let me know if you have any queries, or, notice any omissions or inaccuracies on anything I've written down.

Cheers,  Ray

EDIT - Oops. got a bit cross-eyed and omitted ic348, a reflection nebula in ic348. Not sure who submitted it, but a good choice. 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

P14 coor job 0 - not able to identify what this is just yet. Anyone got a clue?

Hi Ray, I have looked at this and it has

RA: 06:32:01.00
Dec: 04:59:44.0

Please let me know what you would like me to do with this order?

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 09.04.15.png

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Morning all

It looks like the queue's form has had some pruning overnight, so if you want to resubmit anything under the new format please feel free

Remember to put an object/area is even when submitting coordinates as well as fill the notes section in with any relevant details as it really will help when you look back at older bookings as to what they are without having to find out what the coordinates refer to in a months time .

Also from a personal point of view it will really help me keep track so if the software has not imaged an object I can see what it is from your notes etc quickly and make the necessary actions to get it done :)

Steve

Ps

On another note this is probably with worst month in the calender around full moon to get anything done with moon constraints in place as winter neb stuff is setting, LRGB Galaxies are out due to the light bulb above and by the time the moon sets its still just a touch early for the late Spring early summer nebs. Roll on just past full when it starts to rise later :(

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Steve, 

RA: 06:32:01.00
Dec: 04:59:44.0

That's me. California Nebula in narrowband. Submitted before we got the form going. Should have 30 subs of Ha (first 15 missing?)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
They are there, he just missed them in his screenshot :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Morning all, 

Those coordinates are within the Rossette nebula complex, so there at are 2 similar submissions. 

P14 coor 830 was one that I identified as being the Rosette. The coordinates being similar to those reported by Steve. 
RA 06 31 55.5.  DEC 04d 56m 34s

The California nebula ic1499 is P14 ngc1499 394

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray, Phil and Steve,

Thanks for sorting through to queue and the submissions list. I have added my comments below where I can:

"Hi All,

Most of the current job list has been identified along with some duplicates thanks to Phil and Richard's early posts. Starting at the foot of the current job list, this is what they are:-

P14 Tadpole 11/11 - an early entry I made which is superseded by P14 coor 795 + P14 coor 347(mosaic of the Flaming Star & Tadpoles)
Please end this and if it's okay send us what it had captured. - CORRECT

P14 ngc2264 94 - the Cone nebula region submitted by Richard and now 50% completed - CORRECT

P14 ngc1499 394 - the California nebula submitted by Richard - CORRECT

P14 ic1396 153 - submitted originally by Richard, this however is identical to the subject of this post.
Better if Richard confirms that this entry can be removed. - Yes duplicate. When I submitted it originally I was warned that it was setting and it would be better later. I assumed it had not been put on the joblist. Stick with job 26 and delete this one.

P14 coor job 0 - not able to identify what this is just yet. Anyone got a clue? Nope. No idea.

P14 coor 985/986/987  - These are a bit of a mystery. In the new submissions list, 987 is a duplicate of 985 and also coor 113 shown below. The 2 other jobs 985 and 986 are a mosaic of the Heart & Soul nebulae, ic1805 and ic1848. 
I believe therefore 987 can be deleted, subject to both submissions 985 and 986 appearing in the job list. Yes - don't know what happened there I must have accidentally hit submit twice on one of the panels. 985 and 986 are the Heart and Soul two panel mosaic. 987 is duplicate and can go.

P14 coor 830 - This is Richard's submission for the Rosette nebula. Correct

P14 coor 795 and coor 347. This is a mosaic Richard submitted which includes ic410, Flaming Star and ic405, Tadpoles. CORRECT

P14 coor 113 - This is the Heart nebula, which is part of the afore-mentioned Heart & Soul mosaic.  This entry should therefore be deleted. AGREED

ngc1579 - The Northern Trifid nebula. I cannot establish who submitted this, but a great choice. No opinion

ngc1333 - The Perseus Molecular cloud. One of my favourite areas, but not one submitted by me. Someone with equally good taste obviously. :)  No opinion

M78 - Reflection nebula in Orion - possibly submitted by Richard. Has been started. :) - Not mine - Mine is Job 12 covering M78, LDN 1622 and part of Barnard's Loop

M63 - Sunflower galaxy - not sure who submitted this, but is nearly completed. :) Looks like a nice lot of data for us to work with. Agreed

LBN878 - Bright nebula in Orion - I believe Richard chose this one. It is so nearly complete. Let's hope when the moon starts to wane, this can be completed. - Not mine, but agree we are close to completion.

IC405 - This is the Tadpoles nebula part of 14 coor 795 and 347, so ought to be removed. Please speak now somebody if you disagree. Agreed

Edited in later - ic348, a reflection nebula in ic348. Not sure who submitted it, but a good choice. Not mine. It is very small in the FOV. I have been trying to find objects that take advantage of the widefield capability of Pier 14.

IC1871 - Part of the Soul nebula. The declination coordinates of this object do not match those of the Heart& Soul mosaic, so I assume this is a one-off submission centred on the specific area ic1871. I see no need for this, unless someone says otherwise."  Agreed

The remaining entries were all submitted using the submission form either by Richard or myself.

That's a lot to take in, but please let me know if you have any queries, or, notice any omissions or inaccuracies on anything I've written down."
Votes
Undo
Richard, 

Thanks for all the confirmations for those to be deleted. It certainly was a difficult time before the submission form became available and it wasn't  possible to know what happened to them until now, much later. 

I appreciate all those submissions you made, I hadn't realised just how busy you had been. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo
Thanks Richard, 

I think there's been enough time for anybody that has any objections to speak, so now would be a good time to have the following jobs actioned as shown below, before they inadvertently get selected and waste valuable imaging time.  Richard's replies to my original post appear in red. 

P14 Tadpole 11/11 - an early entry I made which is superseded by P14 coor 795 + P14 coor 347(mosaic of the Flaming Star & Tadpoles) Please end this and send what has been captured. 

P14 ic1396 153 - submitted originally by Richard, this however is identical to the subject of the original post.- Yes duplicate. Stick with job 26 and delete this one.

I believe therefore 987 can be deleted. . 987 is duplicate and can go.

P14 coor 113 - This is the Heart nebula, which is part of the afore-mentioned Heart & Soul mosaic.  This entry should therefore be deleted. AGREED

M78 - Reflection nebula in Orion - possibly submitted by Richard. Has been started. :) - Not mine - Mine is Job 12 covering M78, LDN 1622 and part of Barnard's Loop - Unless anyone else has an objection please end this and send anything that has been captured. Richard's submission includes M78. 

IC405 - This is the Tadpoles nebula part of 14 coor 795 and 347, so ought to be removed. Agreed

IC1871 - Part of the Soul nebula. The declination coordinates of this object do not match those of the Heart& Soul mosaic, so I assume this is a one-off submission centred on the specific area ic1871. I see no need for this, unless someone says otherwise."  Agreed

Please delete the above from the Job List for us as and when is a good time for you. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have removed the submission entires relating to whats said above - you'll notice the list has it's first light blue row - these are completed rows :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Hi Phil, 

I like that. Great idea. 

I only realised today that I hadn't subscribed to the Pier 14 datasets, so wasn't being notified about the completed targets. Doh! Mind you given their sizes, gonna take a while to download. Recently purchased an 8 TB hard drive, now wondering if that was enough. Gulp. 

Cheers 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes, with these CMOS you'll be upgrading your pc too no doubt lol

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
WooHoo! My first dataset! Need to carve out some time to see what I have.

Damn! I am supposed to be working today :-(

The blue stripe is a nice addition. Thanks very much. It will give us a sense of progress.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham