Latest Announcement: On Going Site Upgrades & Data Sharing View Post
  Friday, 12 May 2023
  27 Replies
  888 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I wonder if members of Pier-14 fancy a change/Upgrade?

Option 1

Takahashi Epsilon E-130D F3.3 Astrograph, We have one on Pier-6 now and we love it. its as fantastic scope with superb correction and no bad points. It will offer much better correction on and off axis over the current FSQ106. if you choose this option we can do it on the next visit mid June which again wont impact upon imaging time because of it being June LOL

With the 35mm 6200 sensor it's a much wider FOV than you have at present and it all depends if that's what you want

Option 2

OS R2000 F/3 with ASI 6200 35mm sensor

This scope would not be ready until next Spring2024 as Pete is building a RH200 F/3 rig behind the scenes, it gives refractor type images due to the lack of diffraction spikes but lacks the aberrations associated with fast APOS and smallCMOS pixels cameras cool

RH200 AT

So, are members interested in an upgrade from the FSQ-106/ZWO 2600MMPro APSc to a RH200/ZWO 6200MMPro 35mm sensor ?

• 600mm Focal length
  • 1.29"/PX resolution
  • FOV: it is almost identical to what you have now

If you do like this idea we are suggesting this happens early spring next year as its wet season so wont really impact on imaging time with the weather being less than ideal anyway LOL

I will put a poll at the bottom as we really want all members to be on board and happy with the change as its a lot of extra work for Roboscopes

Steve

Chose what option you prefer
(12 Votes)

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

12 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

I honestly am happy either way as I am not invested in Pier 5!  However, What would be better is a cloud dispersal system and air dehydrator just to the west of Fregenal de la Sierra! 

12 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Steve,

I am afraid I am making things more complicated by voting for the RH200 (I assume it is the newer AT version).

I look for diversity of equipment, and I am already a member of Pier 5 and using a Tak Epsilon.

I would be really excited to get some results from a Riccardo-Honders scope of such an advanced design. Images published on the web show really excellent results, even with quite short exposures. I see it as something like a RASA in FL and light-gathering power, but with the advantage of being able to use a full suite of filters.

I would be very happy to wait until spring 2024 to get access to such a juicy piece of kit!

old_eyes

12 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Epsilon works for me!

12 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

I have amended the original post to include both options :)

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Looks like a beast!  

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Steve, 

Excellent. Just one thing, would early autumn be too soon and out of the question?

Cheers, 

Ray 

That would come down to three things Ray :)

1, members wanting to do the swap

2, Members wanting it swapped this year

3, Pete getting it ready in time for when we are there in September

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo

Hi Steve, 

Excellent. Just one thing, would early autumn be too soon and out of the question?

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham