Latest Announcement: On Going Site Upgrades & Data Sharing View Post
  Wednesday, 24 June 2020
  3 Replies
  307 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I thought I would have a go at the new data from Pier 7 and see if I could process this group of galaxies. I found it hard work, and those large stars were tricky to process, but I did my best. To use a joke, I did not feel very abell to do this!

Pier 7 is a William Optics FLT132 F5.6 APO, with a QSI 660-WSG Mono CCD camera, all on a Paramount MX mount. I was able to use from the data provided, 11 reds,12 blues, 7 greens and 14 luminances, all at 10 minutes long each. The integration time was thus 7 hours 20 minutes. Thanks everyone...

Abell 1656 LRGB4.png
Votes
Undo
Had to look this one up and what an amazing variety of galaxy types there are. Zoom in and what initially appears as a star you realise is yet another galaxy. 

You've been on a roll recently Simon but I guess it had to end sometime, just saying, I mean it's a wee bit disappointing that you cannot make out very clearly any individual stars in the galaxies! 

Seriously I don't know why you're giving yourself a hard time over the stars, all look good to me, except those missing in the galaxies obviously. 

Thanks for sharing, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray,

Thanks so much, you are kind and always supportive, and that means a lot. I think we are all here on this forum to help each other out, with spreading information and processing techniques, and to simply encouragement one other. Have a great day!

Simon [/size]
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This is definitely one of thos eimages that make us feel very insignificant, the sheer vastness of Space is so overwhelming :)

Beautiful image.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road