Before you can book an Imaging Session, you need to sign-up for one of the following Roboscopes Membership options: –
* if you book an imaging session of 5,400 seconds, which is 1.5 hours, you will be charged for 2 hours imaging.
Global circumstances out of our control, eg. severe weather fronts and other outside forces may occasionally cause unforeseen delays. As soon as these circumstances have passed, we will continue to gather your data as normal. Naturally we would discuss any delays with you directly, if it became necessary.
We will endeavour to post all current weather and warnings where possible, into the relevant section of our forum the "Warm Room"
Our Spanish Location has two wet seasons, one in Autumn and the other in late spring which tends to be the most erratic of the two. some years we has had an extended spring wet season that has meant the the whole of April has been lost. If this does happen it is unavoidable with current global weather trends like global warming.
It is not roboscopes resposibility to check the quality of your data input into our booking form. It is the member’s responsibility to exercise due diligence when selecting your imaging parameters. See examples below.
To help with this can can use a planetarium software on your PC, Phone Tablet etc or there is a free website called Telescopius that we highly recommend to all our customers. This website will give you the coordinates and short common name for your given subject.
Please set your observatory to our location:
Latitude: 38° 13' 10.89" North
Longitude: 6° 37' 54.32" West
Altitude: 560 metres
Timezone: Western Europe
Flats - Are supplied FOC in standard sub lengths as stated on the individual equipment pages.
Bias - Are supplied FOC in standard sub lengths as stated on the individual equipment pages.
Darks - Are supplied FOC in standard sub lengths as stated on the individual equipment pages.
If you require specific dark lengths to suit your desired sub lengths then please book them as part of your imaging run
and you will be charged accordingly. Alternatively if you have the knowledge and program you can scale longer Free
standard darks down to suit your sub lengths.
The intellectual property rights of the data and the final processed image are owned by the member who;
*Policies for Hosting and Syndicates may vary from these policies slightly due to the nature of those particular memberships
* All our Membership options are Annual Memberships even the "Free" Silver membership. Gold & Platinum membership fees are deducted in 12 monthly amounts from your chosen payment method – i.e Debit/Credit card
All memberships auto renew after 12 month’s, from when you signed-up as a member and we will email you when your membership has been renewed.
Payment types accepted -
*These are not valid reasons!
Please click the button below to view our Privacy & GDPR Policy
Please note by using The Warm Room you agree to the following rules set out below.
1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums
• These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
• Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
• DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers or your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
2. Do not post copyright-infringing material
• Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
• Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited.
• Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
• This is a web site for people of all walks of life.
4. Do not cross post questions
• Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
5. Do not PM users asking for help without asking beforehand
• Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
6. Remain respectful of other members at all times
• All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
• However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
General Posting Guidelines
We figured this was necessary because a lot of people come in and post threads without thinking, and without realizing that there is no possible way they could get help because of the way they posted the question. Here are some general guidelines.
1. Please use SEARCH first!
• There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top right of the page.
2. Be DESCRIPTIVE and Don’t use “stupid” topic names
• PLEASE post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT. (Don’t use attention getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people).
• Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor
• Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with.
General Forum Questions
Am I allowed more than one account?
• No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at The Warm Room. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.
What happens if I break a rule?
• If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent.
• The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
• Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.
Where can I find out who is in charge?
• The Forum Moderators are displayed in every Forum.
Becoming a moderator
• If you play an active role in The Warm Room you may be offered the responsibility of being a moderator ☺
Imaging Comets & Minor bodies
Our system can image comets etc but we do have a few caveats, we use a minor bodies data base to image these types of objects and when combined with our automation this add certain limitations to what we can & can’t do
• We can only put the minor body or Comet where the data base says (normally in the middle)
• Our system is setup to track stars not the minor body itself
• We need to comet or minor body name and do not require any coordinates
• Moon avoidance constraints are not applied to comets due to immediacy of required capture
• All comets are set at the highest priority in our software which is level 4
• Early morning & evening comets, our equipment starts up & shuts down when the sun reaches -15º below the horizon
• Each 1 hour imaging block takes 1.15 to 1.30 hours when you factor in Focussing, plate solving, dithering and other behind the scenes housekeeping
• Comets obviously move to a different part of the sky every evening so please select a suitable imaging period (Total imaging time) to ensure we can capture your data in one night eg if a comet rises at 3am and the sun reaches -15 at 5.30am we cannot image image a 3 hour block
• Remember usually, you are not the only customers with a job request in the pier, we do have other customers imaging deep sky objects. Our automated algorithms need time to juggle multiple jobs, customers and personal requirements so be flexible when placing your order to allow enough breathing room for our system to accommodate your order
• We only charge for the imaging time, not for the Focussing, plate solving, dithering etc
• If our system does not collect the data due to unrealistic requirements of your behalf we will not refund your money
10” DK F6.8 (1700mm FL)
Takahashi NJP Mount
Moravian 16200 6µm + Wheel & OAG
LRGB, Ha, Oiii, Sii Filters
ZWO Electronic focuser