Monday, 18 January 2021
  42 Replies
  544 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
This object finished last night @ 19hrs worth of data

It will be zipped up today and sent over, which sounds like a fun download  :)

However, although its a fantastic image as is, in our opinion it still needs more HA so we have done a new job for extra HA and added it to the queue for you, if however you dont want the extra HA please let us know

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Totally my fault guys - I dropped the Bias frames into the wrong folder and didn't notice.

They will be up and ready to download by 11AM

Regards,

Thanks Phil
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is pretty much my settings....but the most important thing is the bias frame. When creating the master calibration frames your flats and darks must calibrated themselves with the bias frame., 
The other thing is I do mine all manually and dont use any of the scripts to create masters or stack light frames.
20x Bias frames were definitely done, I will ask Phil to check they are should either be in the Flat Darks folder or in with the Darks folders Marked up as BI for bias

Thanks Peter. Will pick up the uploaded bias frames later. You say "your flats and darks must calibrated themselves with the bias frame". I had understood that dark frames were not to be calibrated with bias as this would lead to 'double' calibration when it comes to lights. Have I misundertood that?

I don't use the script for the masters, but I do use WBPP for lights. Probably because I tend to stick with default settings for the processing as far as the integrated light frame. I have used the script to generate calibrated and registered frames, but I have never done better than the script with manual integration. Where do you find it most beneficial to deviate from the script?

old_eyes
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham