Thursday, 03 February 2022
  5 Replies
  722 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

These submissions are now completed and are uploading to the FTP - They will be ready to download at approx 2PM GMT Today.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo

Good afternoon Phil and thanks, I think.

This I also think is one of those situations where the phrase "be careful what you wish for" may apply.

Once upon a time but not so very long ago we'd have to wait, and very occasionally wait and wait, before we received the data. These days it's a job trying to keep up with all the stuff that's being sent to us. On the first 2 days of this new month just over 150Gb of FITS data has been received. Now you're telling us there's more!!!  :) :) :) Only joking.

It's predominantly down to Pier 14 and the 128gb FITS files we get, to be clear about things. Time to go back to a CCD camera methinks and just 16gb.

Best regards,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

As you of all people know Ray, when the weather is clear, the data flows.

:)

Have you got a 1 Petabyte NAS yet? lol

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

1156 was one of my jobs that I had been waiting for. So delighted it has completed. However, I can't login in to the FTP site. On both Pier 1 and 14 I get an error "530 Login authentication failed". It was OK a couple of days ago. Has the password changed and I didn't notice?

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

As I'm sure you have now found out the password has been updated. 

I'd been particularly looking forward to your M51 submission  on  pier 1 and there has been some discussion about it with Manuel and Martin. Hope you are okay with the resubmitted jobs we put in.

Have you tried using the decent luminance subs to make a stack and removed the oval stars etc, I found this made a huge difference and reduced the noise in what I believe is called the plume. I'm hoping this shows up between version 1 and 2 I posted. 

Hope all is well, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

As I'm sure you have now found out the password has been updated. 

I'd been particularly looking forward to your M51 submission  on  pier 1 and there has been some discussion about it with Manuel and Martin. Hope you are okay with the resubmitted jobs we put in.

Have you tried using the decent luminance subs to make a stack and removed the oval stars etc, I found this made a huge difference and reduced the noise in what I believe is called the plume. I'm hoping this shows up between version 1 and 2 I posted. 

Hope all is well, 

Ray 

Thanks Ray. Yes downloading now. I just wasn't paying attention and missed the password change.

Saw the discussion on M51. Seems sensible to gather more data. Haven't got around to processing yet. Been under the cosh for a work deadline.

I have just started work on the Perseus Molecular Cloud. In the middle of batch processing first pane, but it is going to have to run overnight!

Anyway, next week or so should see more of the backlog dealt with. Did you see the first pass at M42 RGB I posted in the images 2022 thread? I have just downloaded the Ha and L, so once I have those processed we can see what the whole thing looks like.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road