Friday, 09 October 2020
  3 Replies
  237 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I was never quite happy with my previous versions of this, so I decided to have another crack at it, using a kind of hotchpotch method - a sort of cross between using Starnet++ and tone mapping, although I if you asked me to repeat it on another image, I am not sure I could!   :  )  Anyway, I am pleased with this version and it seems to be my best one yet.

NGC281 was imaged with the 12.5 inch F/9 Ritchey Chretien telescope from RCOS. The image comprises of 20 Has, 22 OIIIs, and 24 SIIs, each at 10 minutes long except for 8 Has at 15 minutes long. This is an integration time of 11 hours and 40 minutes.

Thanks everyone.
Simon

Pacman new8.png

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Very nicely done Simon, your improving much :)

I can't process at all lol :(

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Definitely an excellent decision as it may be a good idea to have another go at something when you're not quite happy with the original effort. In your case it may be that you feel slightly pressured to process and post as much of the data you receive and choose to move on to the next. If you had less then maybe you'd wouldn't. I'd have been proud to have matched your original effort, but we all have our own level of expectation. 

Recently having made the decision to join a syndicate I too have been receiving a lot of data, so now I fully understand the situation you've been in. I'm glad I made that decision and pleasantly surprised by the generosity of Steve and others in that regard. 

Best regards, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
And more will be flowing shortly :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road