Thursday, 21 January 2021
  4 Replies
  166 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Many thanks to Steve for releasing this to me. It is from a test run made on Pier 8, the Planewave using Ha. Steve specifically informed me that there was an issue with the setup when this was taken. Now without wishing to sound both rude and ungrateful for this kind gesture, I wonder if that's why I received it. No calibration files, so I'm using that as an excuse for any oddities you spot.

There is definitely an issue, some of its effects are masked by the nebula, but one set of artefacts can clearly be seen. I'm hoping that when calibration frames, particularly flats, become available then these will mitigate things. I guess these will need to wait until Steve is satisfied with things.

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray

Yes,  well aware of the issue hence the word "test data" It was shared more for fun and practice with data from a big scope/camera more than anything else

Camera had a frost issue (after the last weather hiatus) which left some water residue on the chip so it needs to go back to Moravian for a service. We simply continued to evaluate the scope and new Planewave L500 mount while waiting for the replacement FLI kepler camera to arrive in Spain. We decided not to waste the data and share with you all instead :)

Lots a detail in the data however Ray, wait until the HH data comes through. despite the artifact is a bit epic :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo
Steve, 

Thanks for confirming that. I wanted to make sure that people were aware of the situation which you have now made much clearer. Also posted it here rather than the Imaging section.

Appreciate you sharing it with us, definitely worth doing so as you say, and there are a few more I see to be tackled. Looking forward to someone else processing them first and posting on the forum, and giving this scope full justice. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We share all test data with the Syndicates and mark it as such :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Well I think it is tremendous Ray, in spite of certain defects. Great stuff, well done - and I think I am going to like this set up! All the best.... Simon
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below.
Supported: gif,jpg,png,jpeg,GIF,JPG,PNG,JPEG
· Remove
  Upload Files (Maximum 20MB)

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details: