Thursday, 27 August 2020
  5 Replies
  245 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
I decided to have a go at this data as I really like the 'Pacman'. I used, out of the data provided, 318 subs each at 1 minute long exposure time. This totals to an integration time of 5 hours and 18 minutes. I had to crop it a fair bit, hence the dimensions are a bit unusual, but there are so many stars! Pier 5 uses a Takahashi Epsilon 180 F/2,8 astrograph, on a Skywatcher EQ 8 mount with a ZWO ASI071 Pro Colour CMOS camera.

Thanks everyone and have a good night...

Simon

NGC281 dbe v3.jpg

Votes
Undo
Morning Simon, 
A very pleasing photo. This scope produces wonderful star colours when processing is carried out sympathetically as you always manage to do.
I just spent the best part of half an hour typing and retyping a tongue in cheek critique, only to accidentally touch the bottom of this tablet when about to sign off. :( This resulted in the post being lost, wouldn't have happened if I used a computer. Spared you anyway. Lost the will to try and remember it all thankfully for you and whoever reads this. I was a bit harsh about Mr A, so probably for the best. :) 

There is a minor point though Simon. What happened to the bottom left corner? Unusual for a little hiccough from you or was that deliberate? Nobody would notice something like that on one of my images, too much else wrong for it to notice.
Take care, keep well and keep posting these images when you're up to it.
Best regards,
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Lovely processing there Simon!

Regards

Mark 
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Much appreciated Mark, I do hope you are ok.

Enjoy the day.

Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray,

Thanks for the comments and support as ever. Really, I am grateful. I am not sure what the email including Mr A was about, but never mind! I feel sad you tend to put yourself and your images down, as I think you have been doing some great stuff, and I guess all of this new data is a learning process. Every data set is unique and we all struggle with the processing. As you once said, we should all try not to let it get to us, but try and enjoy it. As far as the bottom left corner is concerned, and I guess this fits with what I have just said, I had an issue with a sort of vignetting background extraction problem, I think, which I could not solve. So, I cropped the image quite a lot and the left corner is what I left in from this - simply I did not want to crop it any further, and hoped no one would notice! 

Take care now and have a great day.

Simon[/size]
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray,

Thanks for the comments and support as ever. Really, I am grateful. I am not sure what the email including Mr A was about, but never mind! I feel sad you tend to put yourself and your images down, as I think you have been doing some great stuff, and I guess all of this new data is a learning process. Every data set is unique and we all struggle with the processing. As you once said, we should all try not to let it get to us, but try and enjoy it. As far as the bottom left corner is concerned, and I guess this fits with what I have just said, I had an issue with a sort of vignetting background extraction problem, I think, which I could not solve. So, I cropped the image quite a lot and the left corner is what I left in from this - simply I did not want to crop it any further, and hoped no one would notice! 

Take care now and have a great day.

Simon[/size]
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road