Tuesday, 05 October 2021
  7 Replies
  1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi, I have just submitted another deep image of a dark nebula - the Eastern half of the Perseus Molecular Cloud centred on IC348.  IC348 is a small star forming regions with some subtle blues and reds contrasting against the darker molecular cloud.  Hop it meets with everyone's approval.  I was thinking of doing a mosaic with the Western half of the PMC, by happy to be guided by fellow subscribers.
Brian
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Welcome Brian to the club. I'm Mike van den Berg from The Netherlands. I'm doing astrophotography for more than 30 years. I had a backyard observatory but stopped the hobby in 2016. Due to the severe weather and light polution is imaging from my home observatory an mission impossible. So in 2020 I decided to resume my hobby but on a remote observatory. I choose to go to Roboscopes. I first visited the site in 2018 and saw by my own eyes the gorgeous night sky.  Your proposal regarding the object  is beautiful. I have imaged a couple of weeks ago the same object with pier 14. A Takahashi FSQ106 and a ZWO 60 megapixel cmos monochrome camera.
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
hi Mike,

Thank you for the welcome.  I visited the Netherlands many times during my career as an astronomer (mostly Dwingeloo).  Thanks for you support, but I notice that Vikander has beaten me to it (albeit with a different name).  He is proposing a 2 x 2  mosaic (6hrs per panel) of the whole region.  It should look good. 

I must say that I am  impressed at the quality of the data in the download area.  I have had a look at the latest M33, Cave Nebula and Sea Horse nebula data.  The Sea House nebula data is significantly affected by cloud, but the Cave Nebula is mostly great and, although half the M33 had varying amount of cloud affecting it, there is still 90 x 120s sub of high-quality data.

Kudos to the technical support team.   Although my home site is quite dark (Bortlle 3) and usually goods good weather (1 in 4 nights useable) this winter has been terrible.  So I thought I would keep improving by using a site that enjoyed better weather - and had access to those northern targets inaccessible to. me in the Deep South.

CS Brian 
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yeah, Cloud is the bane of our lives :)

October/November is our first of two cloudy/Rain seasons so without ridiculous checking of data we do tend to get some cloud in some of the subs.

Hopefully we take enough data to cover this anyway :)

March to October or normally brill and we get some mixed months in between, It's normally October/November and late Feb-March/April but with Global warming being what it is over the last few years the exact time tends to skip around a little.

HTH

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi all, I would like to withdraw my IC348 request, since I think it will largely be done as part of the Perseus Molecular Cloud mosaic, already in the queue.

Instead I would like to propose a 2 x 4hr mosaic on the Jellyfish/Sh2-252 region.  I have checked framing in Telescopius and it look pretty photogenic.  I propose to drop back to 120sec  because of the bright star next to the Jellyfish.  I could go shorter, but life is too short to reducie a mountain of subframes , particularly if drizzling.

What do you all think?

Brian
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi all, I would like to withdraw my IC348 request, since I think it will largely be done as part of the Perseus Molecular Cloud mosaic, already in the queue.

Instead I would like to propose a 2 x 4hr mosaic on the Jellyfish/Sh2-252 region.  I have checked framing in Telescopius and it look pretty photogenic.  I propose to drop back to 120sec  because of the bright star next to the Jellyfish.  I could go shorter, but life is too short to reducie a mountain of subframes , particularly if drizzling.

What do you all think?

Brian
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Brian,

I have removed the IC348 entry for you. Jellyfish is always a nice choice.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks so much. Looking forward to putting the Jellyfish and MonkeyHead together. 

Brian 
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham