Thursday, 07 December 2023
  2 Replies
  258 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Data captured from Pier 14 and processed in the Foraxx palette to look a little different from normal.

Attachments (1)
4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Lovely image!  The Foraxx palette certainly looks worth investigating :)

4 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Annunika, 

If you or anyone else is not familiar with the foraxx narrowband palette, there is an easy way to find out more about it. Having done that you will then be able to use it with your data via a script in Pixinsight, assuming you use that software.

Introduction :

A Youtuber from down under called Paul Hancock has 3 videos on YouTube relating to it that you can view. I apologise for not knowing how to post links here on the forum, but here are some easy steps to find those videos. 

His youtube channel is called "Paulyman Astro", so if you type that into your browser you'll then be shown a link to his YouTube channel. Once there select the "Video" tab to see his entire list of videos.

The first one  to view, called "The Foraxx Narrowband Palette", is an introduction to the foraxx palette. Scroll down the list of videos until It appears for selection. (This is not essential reading if you just want to try things out, but recommended if you want to know more about the pixel math involved, perhaps later.) That video was released on May 25th 2022 and was my first introduction to it.

A subsequent video released earlier this year on Jan 11th, "I'm Making a Foraxx Script for PixInsight!", talks about a script he says he will be releasing for pixinsight. This tells you what images the script requires and how to run it. A follow up video 2 days later, "Foraxx Palette Utility v1", shows the link to have the script installed. HTH. 

If you have any questions please post a reply here. 

Happy Foraxxing. 

Cheers and CS, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road