Friday, 02 September 2022
  3 Replies
  655 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

A mosaic of IC1848.

First making the 3x3 mosaic.
60 minutes (30x2 minutes) per panel is more than enought for a decent SNR.
5 panes have been made already ( 12,13,14,17 and 18)
If pane 19 will be finished then you can already make the 3x2 mosaic.

Votes
Undo

Hi Mike, 

I see that 7, 8 and 9 are nearly completed. :) Now that should make for a nice 3 x 3 mosaic showing the nebula pair in a wide setting. It may also prove to be useful in conjunction with narrowband captures of the region on either pier 1 or 14, to provide the RGB stars. 

A question on the Ic1396 Elephant Trunk mosaic. 

I was wondering what panes are still required, if any, to complete a smaller than intended 4 x 4, 4 x 5 or 5 x 5 mosaic. I think it would be a good use of time to collect those ones for the sake of a few extra imaging hours. Using the Telescopius mosaic plan you made available to us, I cannot easily determine which ones have so far been done and whether or not we already have all the panes necessary. 

I'd be most grateful if you could let us know.

Cheers,

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Ray,

The following panes has been done 8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,19,20,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,30,31,32,33,34,36,37,38,39,40 and 41. Resulting in a 6x5 mosaic, a very big square.
So I have decided to keep it at 30 panes.

Hopefully it will clear the situation.

Cheers,

Mike

Votes
Undo

Mike, 

Many thanks for your swift response. Good news that we can already create a mosaic covering such a large area. Of course you don't have to do so and one can instead create one or more smaller ones by selecting the appropriate panes.

I'm hoping that I will be able to add some of this one to a mosaic produced using the OSC camera on pier 11. That particular mosaic extends from the Elephant Trunk westwards to the Fireworks galaxy, so there will be some parts that are in common. Also looking forward to using the other mosaics you've been busy working on.

In fact it was seeing those jobs you were submitting at the time my pier 1 subscription was due to elapse, that I decided to switch to this pier. That decision was made easier after having used pier 11 earlier and been impressed with the results from relatively short exposure times. That's a great 3x3 mosaic of the Elephant trunk you have already shared, and from just 9 hours integration time. 

The Cone and Rosette nebula including the Monoceros loop, possibly extending south to include Sh2-280 and Sh2-284 is an interesting area. Of course subject to agreement at the time with other members.

Cheers,

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham