Saturday, 07 August 2021
  32 Replies
  590 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
This is a crop from the full frame of SH2-132, the Lion Nebula.
80 mins Ha
145 mins O3
200 mins S2

I combined these as a blend. Mostly HOO but with S2 added in all channels. It is a weak target, so I am pretty happy with this.

I will also have a play with a more conventional SHO mix to see what it comes out like.

SH2-132 Final.png
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Florent

I use Acronis backup - with premium membership you get 5TB of storage.  It take a while on normal download/upload speeds but once the new fibre to the house link is working I will have 1gb in each direction...

Regards

Mark
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
i use also Acronis backup for system backup , 

for data , i prefer to syncrhonise with GoodSync or rsync , it give better idea of what is backup

1Gb fiber is coming also in my house 7 septembre , will be good to change from 100mb to 1 gb

Ho , i will not mentionned i worked for BT in france until they sold us to another firm :) 
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I also belong to a generation for whom "if the data is not stored in three separate places, it does not exist!".

I use BackBlaze for cloud backup as it offers unlimited storage for a fixed monthly fee. I have checked the ability to restore specific directories (always a worry) and it works.

My Desktop is fairly old and the motherboard does not support M2, otherwise, I would be doing the same.

On my NAS I only use disk-mirroring or simple disks, having had one NAS die on me and being unable to recover the data from the disks that were still working.

1Gb fibre? I am jealous!
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
didnt know blackblaze backup . Unlimited for $7 / month ????   where is the trick !
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
didnt know blackblaze backup . Unlimited for $7 / month ????   where is the trick !

it is a simpler ‘barebones’ service and lacks some of the functionality of other services. Functionality I have decided I don’t need.

main problem is that it only covers one PC, and does not include networked drives - so I guess storage capacity is limited in the typical PC. They have a more ‘professional’ offer for business use which is more expensive. I haven’t had to use that yet.
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
For our server we use Hetzner, from memory they also offer online multi terrabyte storage solutions. when needed its what we will do to supplement our server storage for Roboscopes

I may however not suit what you need :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
The 1GB fibre is finally live!  Yippeeeeee!   Only down side, don't have time to make a cup of coffee now ;-)

CBB SpeedTest.JPG
Attachments (1)
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
That is pretty impressive Mark!
Votes
Undo
I agree it's extremely impressive, but rather than be jealous I prefer looking on the bright side. Not only time to make a mug of coffee but prepare dinner as well. :) 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Mark, how did u test your speed - i want to do the same on my system....?
vikas
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Okay got it - it is Ookla - mine is a horrible 70mbps download and 13mbps upload!!
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Vikas

I used speedtest.net - does much the same thing...

Regards

Mark
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham