Saturday, 29 August 2020
  7 Replies
  276 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I am an early bird - no pun intended - and so I wake up at the crack of dawn, most days! As that is so I have been working on these two images recently, CED 207 being pretty rare and I hope what I have produced honours it, especially as it is an object Steve really likes! I think CED stands for Cederbald... CED 207 comprises of 346 one minute long exposures and thus an imaging time of 5 hours 46 minutes. Messier 31 comprises of 79 two minute long exposures, thus totalling an imaging time of 2 hours and 38 minutes. I really like these objects and whilst M31 is so familiar, to see it hovering in space in a widefield context is really special.

Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup.

CED207.jpg

M31 Pier 4 DBE fin.jpg

Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 
A busy bird as well so it appears. Unbelievable detail on m31 for such a short focal length, thanks in part to some skilful processing no doubt. As you say it really highlights how remote it is out there given just how huge it is.

I'm hoping you can shed some light on the other image. Rarely taken, I think you may be right and difficult to find anything about it on my searches. It did throw up one that matched Cederblad and the number 207. An article by someone called G. Cederblad pages 207-217 in fact titled, "Plasma and urine carnitine in children with diabetes mellitus". Not quite what I'd been expecting. Interesting article nonetheless, but I believe there to be a small flaw in the way they carried out their measurements. Await their reply with interest. 

You mentioned Mr A. Now if it was his choice then I suspect he may have found it in some 1950s dust covered volume entitled "Obscure objects in Space"  or something similar, and thought I'll have a go at that. Lol. Now if it was your choice then Simon, then what a brilliant and unique one. Through lack of images and nothing to compare, then this has to be the best image of it taken by anyone on this planet. I can only go that far for fear of upsetting any alien race that might be situated closer to it and/or own better equipment. 
Cheers, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nice images Simon

I have heard that Mr A loves eclectic and weird so many more of those to come I would say ?

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes apparently so! Cheers Steve, muchly!

Si
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[font=Verdana][size=100]Well Ray, like you, I had also searched for the mysterious 207 online and I cannot find anything other than the urine option, plus a bus route in Slackbottom, Yorkshire.  :   )    By the way, our discovery reminds me of something you wrote about with regard to strengths of cups of tea, if memory serves... Maybe it is alien green in colour, on the basis of your idea of someone else out there. I appreciate the very great compliment that this is the best image on the planet, but it may only be short-lived - because honestly there could be a 1000 images out there! Incidentally, this was one of Mr A's choices.

Hoping you are well, as ever.

Simon

[/size][/font]
Votes
Undo
Hello again Simon,

In the absence of anything at all to go on regarding what Ced207 looks like,I've taken a guess at what it might be and have circled it in the attached image. If it isn't by any chance then I've taken the liberty of assigning a name to it. :)
For those with no imagination the object has been enhanced slightly in the lower image. Alternative name could be The Donald Duck nebula I suppose.

Cheers,

Ray
Attachments (1)

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
LOL DD

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
[size=100]Ray,

You never cease to amaze me! You do have some funny insights! How you spotted a duck shaped thing in there, and then made it actually look like a duck, I do not know... and there's you referring to your eyes not being quite what they were! Here is a challenge for you - make a new name out of Cederblad - e.g. Simon's Cederblad Space Splatter Nebula! I tried...

Thank you so much for all your support on these images I keep posting. My family is away later this week, and so hopefully between my work etc, I will be able to get a few more done. I think I must have made an unconscious decision to keep processing while I have the chance. And health wise, thanks for asking, but I am generally better than I was.  :  )

Take care.
Simon[/size]
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road