Saturday, 17 October 2020
  4 Replies
  250 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Taken using pier 6 using Ha and O3 filters. A few liberties taken during processing to make up for lack of any S2 data, which I will one day capture to make it appear more 'authentic'? 

Hope all is fine with everybody. Fingers crossed that Boris and cohorts don't decide in the meantime to block all entry back into the UK for Steve's sake.

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
this is a great image Ray and I am most impressed with what you have done here. Delicately done not overly processed, just a lovely balanced image and I'm very pleased to see this today. Thank you so much also for your comments about my recent efforts and indeed you are perfectly correct about how I was rushing with the data, because so much was coming through, but anyway that's history now and I'll see what I can do in the future. I have quite a lot of data that's needing processing soon as well, so it is all building up on me, so hopefully I won't fall for the same problem as last time! Take care mate. Have a good night. Simon
Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Thanks again for the encouragement. It did take me quite a while with the Lobster and a bit of S2 data may have helped. Having joined a syndicate I now have been receiving the EB data, and noticed a couple in the new mega set that I can make good use of. The bubble Ngc7635 could be used with the Lobster to make a small pano,with that overlapping my data. I could possibly use a crop from both to incorporate some of the S2 data of the two primary targets. I now see what you mean about being inundated and feeling the need to process all the data
. Cannot wait myself as there is so much good stuff there. :) 

Regards the Heart and Soul I hope you don't mind my take on the data as I have a lot of experience, trials and tribulations, which has put me in a good place to process this data. Will reply to your questions a bit later. 

Really great hearing from you again Simon and I expect you're looking forward to pier 13 being up and running real soon. 

Best wishes, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Nicely done Ray.

Dave
Votes
Undo
Thanks Dave. From the help you've been giving Jeff and what you have done on that image using APP I will certainly download a trial just as soon as I have locked in my own RAM what I've learned so far using PixInsight. Until I've done things many times over my memory won't hold onto it for very long. It's an age thing. :)

It will certainly be interesting to see how the two apps compare at different stages of processing. 
Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road