Latest Announcement: Roboscopes are moving over to a monthly payment system for Memberships & Syndicates View Post
  Sunday, 22 August 2021
  6 Replies
  1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi,

i just made a new submission - Sh2-129 and the Bat Nebulae

it is a very dim target so i put in  20/35/10/5/5/5- HaOLRGB

I had to split the filters for Ha and O3 as the form wud not allow more than 120 5min exposures.

I wonder if i did it right ?

is there any way to find out that my submit was correct and acceptable? Is 80 hrs too long ??

Vikas
Votes
Undo
Hi Vikas,

You have submitted it correctly and you do make a good point about it being a bit long. :)

We do already have some data from this difficult target collected earlier in the year, so we do have a fair idea of what may be needed. Initially I'd say that the RGB integration time is far too much and we'd need to compare the exposure times Richard used earlier on the narrowband filters to what you have submitted. Definitely a lot of O3 is needed. I'd like to get some more data on this unique object and there may be a way to go about this in a more efficient way. When Steve returns from Spain we can discuss the best way forward to satisfy everyone. Leave it until then for now. Until you have made a few submissions and got the date back it's difficult to know how much time may be required, simply experience. From any of the data you have look at what was originally submitted and you may get a better idea of what to submit yourself. You can always make a follow up if you find you need more data. 

Hoping that helps. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
hello 

i miss this post . 

I think that 80H is way too long for a single project. 
At 6h per night , it is almost 13 whole night for one submission .  

i think that you have access to the data already collected for this object, we can complet O3 . 
if you have not, i think it is better to split a so long long project in 10h sub-project so other submission will be able to get throught 

You have put  300s sub in R G B L ,  your stars are going to be quite saturated , you can half the LRGB part in my point of view, even get rid of the L , as you can synthetis all the other channel to create a superLuminance files

Also , this target is already high on the sky , i dont think you will have this project ever finished , as the pier is imaging with strict moon separation.

I know that very very long projet are cool and make first class image (if you have a huge Computer to deal with them :) ) , but i think that we have to keep the pier available for everyone. 

we can open a discussion to think about the best way to please to everyone .  
For my point of view , i think that a siingle project shouldnt  excess 10h-15h  of data . 
after the completion and data check , i think we can reschedule more data if needed . 

Cheers 
florent 
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,
i do agree with all of your thoughts above.How does one cancel a submission once it is in the queue ?
vikas
Votes
Undo
Hi Vikas,

Maybe Phil will see this and remove it, but I guess the recommended way is to submit a ticket. Something new maybe for you to try out. If it did start we can always use what it had collected before removing it, so no problem right now.

I'm waiting for Steve to return from his vacation before speaking to him about this as I mentioned earlier. The solution, which he and maybe others may need to agree to, is to give you the data collected earlier. This would mean we'd only need the RGB data and maybe around 10 hours of oxygen. When making a narrowband with RGB stars you do not need a Luminance. The luminance is the narrowband image to which you add the RGB stars.

What we did capture does show the prescence of OU4 (Squid) as you can see from the attached file, a cropped image. It was necessary to suppress most of the Ha data we captured as that was overpowering the O3, and my efforts in doing this kind of ruined other parts of the image. It is only being shown for illustrative purposes therefore. 

Cheers, Ray

Ou4 Squid prescence.png

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
yes, it is very nice, needs some more Oiii...vikas
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I have removed the submission from the list and from Pete's queue, can you resubmit with updates request? :)

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham