Latest Announcement: Roboscopes are moving over to a monthly payment system for Memberships & Syndicates View Post
  Monday, 17 January 2022
  18 Replies
  1.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Just thought it might be a good idea to create another topic for the new year as the existing one for posting images now is on to page 5.

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard and Manuel, 

Both very nice and I'm pleased that you have put them in the gallery. That makes it so much easier to find them later. 

Actually Richard it's you who needs to be thanked as I recall your suggestion about a 4 pane mosaic. Screenshot of the mosaic in Telescopius you posted is attached. As it transpired I only submitted 2 of the 4, so just wondering if there is any interest of extending it. Unfortunately the half I submitted was not aligned with the example you suggested and I'm certain that I didn't take into account the camera angle. If there is any interest then an 'expert' on the matter when it comes to mosaics might like to suggest something. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Narrowband image of SH2-115, SH2- 116, and a whole load of LBN features from the Cygnus complex. Image is between Deneb and Ruchba with S at the top. Data from Job 1515 (thanks Ray @nomorecloudynights).

Very nicely done! I'll upload my interpretation of the data kindly requested by Ray later in the day.

CS
Manuel

Manuel
Roboscopes General Technical

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Narrowband image of SH2-115, SH2- 116, and a whole load of LBN features from the Cygnus complex. Image is between Deneb and Ruchba with S at the top. Data from Job 1515 (thanks Ray @nomorecloudynights).

Attachments (1)
Votes
Undo

Two fabulous images Hoi, thanks for sharing them. 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

VDB 123

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

LBN552

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

LBN552

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

A couple of memory joggers for you. Plus a third one for Steve. All these are from shortly after their return from Spain when they were intending to revisit a short while after. 

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

There is a lot of nebulosity there for sure, very nice. And yes it is a shame about those stars. Perhaps after gathering data using the new better filters they'll be a way to combine it with this and bring down those halos so they're less intrusive. It's high time someone brough out a Halo-Crusher app, would be very popular. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Job labelled "878 p14 ic443 009" was captured on 27th Feb with the new camera, and presumably filters. I have not processed this relatively short capture yet, as I have not created the new calibration files yet. However, from inspection of the Ha subs, it does look like the halos are better controlled. I might have a look at that sometime this week.

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard, 

There is a lot of nebulosity there for sure, very nice. And yes it is a shame about those stars. Perhaps after gathering data using the new better filters they'll be a way to combine it with this and bring down those halos so they're less intrusive. It's high time someone brough out a Halo-Crusher app, would be very popular. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

We have a number of runs on IC443 in narrowband, so I combined several to see what I could get. This is from jobs 1194, 1372 and 1373. Only the 300 sec subs.

1194 was taken with the camera about 90 degrees rotated from the others, so I had to do some cropping to create a usable combined frame.

Managed to reveal the fainter nebulosity around the Jellyfish, but at the price of severe star halos on mu- and eta-Gem. AS they overlay the nebula detail, I am not sure I have the skills to remove them.

Mapping is:

• Red - Ha + S2
  • Green - Ha + 0.6xO3 with a touch of S2
  • Blue - O3

Attachments (1)
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Richard 

Nice to see that one and also the Rho Ophiuchi you've put in the gallery. I do have one of those datasets but so far have fortunately always been able to find something easier to do instead. After all there is always Mañana. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Yes, I am making an effort to process some of the backlog during the summer season when the piers are less productive. I have already reached the point where I have no astronomical dark and only 4 hours of nautical dark. That will be gone soon too.

I have just had a bash at the Pier 1 M81 and will post that soon.

Still lots to do!

Votes
Undo

Hi Richard 

Nice to see that one and also the Rho Ophiuchi you've put in the gallery. I do have one of those datasets but so far have fortunately always been able to find something easier to do instead. After all there is always Mañana. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

This is my Perseus Molecular Cloud mosaic.

Attachments (1)
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

As suggested by Ray, I am sharing the images I could derive from Pier14. Some are "pure Pier14" and others contain Pier14 data that I integrated with either Pier6 (new Pier11) data and/or data captured from my backyard.

Seagull nebula 1 (Pier14)

Seagull nebula 2 (Pier6/OSC)

Jellyfish (Pier14) before the maintenance visit

vdB 152 (Pier14)

Perseus Molecular Cloud (Pier14)

VirgoGalaxies and Markarian's chain (Pier14) integrated with backyard OSC data at 516mm f/2.2 and 1645mm f/7 to create a mosaic (12-panes at 512mm). This is still work in progress as I now have data for 4 additional panes at 512mm to include the region around Messier 60.

Comments welcome.

CS

Manuel

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

My version of the Perseus MC Mosiac

Lovely image. Just started work on this myself. I hope I can do as well!

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

My version of the Perseus MC Mosiac

Attachments (1)
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

First try with the M42 RGB dataset (Job 1254).

Had to dump a lot of subs due to cloud/haze, but the data is still reasonable. Used HDRComposition in Pixinsight together with HDRMultiscaleTransform.

More to come with the L and Ha data, and maybe more to come from the RGB with a bit more work.

Attachments (1)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham