Latest Announcement: Roboscopes are moving over to a monthly payment system for Memberships & Syndicates View Post
  Monday, 27 July 2020
  12 Replies
  442 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
After a month of waiting, I finally get my first data. This is the NGC7000 from Pier 3, the session was planned for 4 hours but some of the subframes were out of focus....can I get refund?  LOL
The final integrated exposure time was:
Ha: 7*600s
Oiii: 12*600s

The resolution of ASA12N is astonishing, I love it, but the flat frames of Oiii seem not quite well
Votes
Undo
Hi Shane, 

That is really an excellent image and a good choice of framing of such a vast nebula. There is a lot of detail in there and I guess adding some sulphur data probably wouldn't make a significant improvement. Really nice colour from a bi-colour image Shane. Now so looking forward to processing the data from that pier I've been receiving, but what to do first? 

Thanks for sharing, 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Ray
Thanks for your kind words! 
As far as I know, there is a line of bad pixels in Oiii flat frames and Ha flat frames(Shown as the photo below), so you need to do cosmetic correction for both of the flat frames. Also, the Oiii flat frames are not so well, so you may want to take extra care of the Oiii data :)

Cheers! 
Attachments (1)
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi :)

We usually do extra frames for customers for cases such as this, did you receive extra frames with the order?

none the less a very nice image and well processed :)

Can you let us know which frames had issues and we will double check your order.

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Shane, for us this is an ongoing thing with Flats and pier 3, its just mega fussy with narrowband flats

We now have flat panels fitted so dont have to rely on  a short dusk period so this will improve things for sure :)

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo
Hi Shane, 
Thanks for the heads up. I did a quick check on a couple of light frames and unless my eyes deceive me am seeing  issues on columns 1287 and 1727 in addition to the one in the flat frame at column 1388. I just assume that these will calibrate out, if not I'll add to cosmetic correction. 
Cheeky of me to ask, but was that a straight HOO image or did you use some skulduggery :) in something called pixel math for the third colour contribution. Note to oneself, read up on pixel math. No need to answer my cheeky question obviously. 

Cheers, 
Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Ray
I used the Pixel math instead of LRGBCombination to combine my Ha and Oiii data, with the G channel taking a blend of 40% Ha and 60% Oiii data, I don't know if you call that skullduggery :)
R/K: Ha
G: (0.4*Ha)+(0.6*Oiii)
B: Oiii
This way you can get richer colour layering and avoid the appearance of green-ish stars caused by simply using HOO combination (although it can be removed by SCNR)

Shane 
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Phil

Thanks for replying to me. The last 5 subframes of Ha and last 3 subframes of Oiii were out of focus, and they have double spikes or some... onion rings... 

Shane
Votes
Undo
Hi Shane, 

That's brilliant, thank you so much. That example you gave was a major piece of the jigsaw and believe I can now start to make good use of it. Watch out for some garish images from me in the future though. :)

Thank you and cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello Shane,Yes,  This was an older issue with the narrow band offset settings that has now been resolved. please let me know which frames you had an issue with and I will get some replacements done for you no problem.
Regards
Peter

Peter Shah - Collimation & Telescope servicing.
Visit my personal imaging website at astropix.co.uk
For Image Processing Tutorials

We can supply your new high quality Newtonian or Dall Kirkham Astrograph

Peter Shah
Roboscopes Observatory Controller

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Dude,
The last 5 subframes of Ha and last 3 subframes of Oiii were out of focus, and they have double spikes or some... onion rings...

Phil McCauley
Roboscopes Website Admin

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Great image Shane, and I am pleased to see you on here! Take care mate.

Simon
3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Love the info re PixelMatrhs.  I have been using NRGBCombination script with mixed results.  I'll go back and try this on some of my other data...

Regards

Mark
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road