By simonnickydowning on Sunday, 30 August 2020
Posted in Latest Images
Replies 6
Likes 0
Views 296
Votes 0
Forgive me for posting another image, but this came together quicker than I thought. I hope you won't be sick of my images today, but I really do like this object and I have never had such an amount of outer nebulosity in my data than this! Good ol' Roboscopes! Pier 5 uses a Takahashi Epsilon 180 F/2,8 astrograph, on a Skywatcher EQ 8 mount with a ZWO ASI071 Pro Colour CMOS camera, and I used 129 subs of all at 2 minutes long each! The integration time was thus 4 hours and 18 minutes. Have a great Bank Holiday - signing off. Simon NGC7023 fin.jpg
Great colour balance over all and nice control over the star colour
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Hi Simon,  Another day, another image. I'm really looking forward each day to seeing these. I've taken in the past a couple of snaps of this target using a longer focal length sct. Although there is far, far less space around it I never saw so much dust in mine. Obviously due to the too short integration times I used and poor skies. A bad workman always blames.... Thanks for sharing it's nice to see it in its full setting, looks so much better.  I mentioned a long? time back that this pier would become very popular, and as it's turned out so is pier 4. I didn't think I'd warm to osc, but these wonderful images I see have changed my mind. I believe like me an osc was something you were not familiar with when it comes to processing, so what do you think about them. I'm almost at point that I wish there was one or two more. Never thought I'd ever say that. Pier 11 is mono so cannot be used to split the load with pier 5. Best regards,   Ray 
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks so much Peter, and I hope you are having a good day. I really hope your 656 business booms, that as many look up at the night sky in the coming weeks, they will also come to you. All the best . Simon
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ray you are absolutely right about your prediction of this mount and its set up. I have never imaged anywhere near this widefield before, and the gradients and stuff make it tough, but I am hanging in there. Pier 4 which is also brilliant, is even tougher for the gradients! I recently acquired a ZWO CMOS OSC, and I have very happy with it. I guess I have had some experience in that case with RGB data, that said, I was only using a modified DSLR before that anyway. But Roboscopes have a super set up for all this and in time I think all of us will develop and adapt our processing methods. I was so pleased with the data for this image anyway, the dust it has show up is incredible - when the light pollution is bad here, the only dust I can see is on the table under my overly bright dining room lamp! Take care now and thanks so much my friend. Simon
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Ray you are absolutely right about your prediction of this mount and its set up. I have never imaged anywhere near this widefield before, and the gradients and stuff make it tough, but I am hanging in there. Pier 4 which is also brilliant, is even tougher for the gradients! I recently acquired a ZWO CMOS OSC, and I have very happy with it. I guess I have had some experience in that case with RGB data, that said, I was only using a modified DSLR before that anyway. But Roboscopes have a super set up for all this and in time I think all of us will develop and adapt our processing methods. I was so pleased with the data for this image anyway, the dust it has show up is incredible - when the light pollution is bad here, the only dust I can see is on the table under my overly bright dining room lamp! Take care now and thanks so much my friend. Simon
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Never apologize for posting an image quickly - its totally fine Simon. A very nice vibrant image there
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post