Saturday, 04 July 2020
  6 Replies
  1.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
At some time in the future, I'd like to see an upgrade to pier 5, the Takahashi 180 and asi071 colour camera.

I have read about and seen images taken with osc cameras using the Optolong L-eNhance filter. Maybe alternatives brands might be available. This change would require the addition of an efw which would presumably need to house a luminance filter as well. The addition of the enhancement filter may improve the images captured for some emission targets, I believe, but I've only read the positive reviews. 

This may well have been already considered and dismissed for valid reasons. 

Does anyone else have a view on this?

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I am sure you are right Ray, that this would be a good set up and I am aware that the L-eNhance filter does work very effectively with OSC cameras. Personally I am very happy with the Pier 5 set up, but ultimately it comes down to the team to make a decision, and I am pleased to go with what they have suggested and put in place...

Hoping you got my other emails anyway.

Have a great night.

Simon

Votes
Undo
Hi Simon, 

Hope all is well at home and you are able to spread your wings a bit more now after yesterday, our supposed independence day. Thanks very much for replying to this. The fact that you have also seen good things about using it is good to know. 

I totally agree with you that it is entirely up to the team to decide what equipment there is, and as you rightly say, that set up is excellent as it stands. To justify the time and expense of any changes it needs to be something really worthwhile. 

Thanks for letting me know a bit about your computer set up, very nice. I've already seen the odd occasion where the 16gb I have is just not quite enough, but compared to before it's bliss. I perhaps should envy that screen of yours, but certainly for now I don't think I'd notice any difference to my images even if I just had a 720 screen. 

Thanks for the support and useful tips you've been giving. I think I'll abandon the elephant trunk, for now at least,
and get onto the next one. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We have considered the quad band filter but the sizes are very limited at 2” (m48) fit, the Epsilon requires a much larger filter than this at the rear of the corrector or a T2 one in between the OAG and camera.

As they become more popular I feel more sizes will be made available and we may very well give one a try ?

HTH

Steve

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo
Thanks Steve.

It's good to know that. Hope you have had a good rest by now, and maybe do some mundane things not involving astronomy over the weekend. The pubs are open!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

3 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Ray, I have found a way :)

So on the next trip pier 5 may well get a quad band filter, I am hoping it will extend imaging time when the moons up as well as give customers the ability to do Psedo narrowband with OSC cameras!

Photo on 28-07-2020 at 15.59.jpg

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

Votes
Undo
Steve I never ever doubted you would. Have you packed your bags yet? Darn just remembered, think I need a word with Boris first. :) 

Seriously I appreciate this Steve and know you are patiently waiting on more important things to be done first. 

Cheers and thanks, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road