Latest Announcement: Roboscopes are moving over to a monthly payment system for Memberships & Syndicates View Post
  Wednesday, 22 February 2023
  1 Replies
  484 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

There may be another one or two jobs in the queue in a similar situation to the one mentioned above. 

M31 is already close to setting below the scope's altitude limit and will reach that around the time of the next full moon. Collection will not restart, subject to other jobs, until it starts rising again around June.

Yes there have been diabolical sky conditions recently, however, there has been absolutely no data collected on this job since at least January 2nd. I see no reason therefore that this will likely change over the next week or two. 

Perhaps fairly soon this data can be made available to us. An evaluation of the quality of the data collected so far will mean that a new submission can take that into consideration before being submitted. Any thoughts? 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

Votes
Undo

I've just put in a job to collect Red subs only for M31 and really hope these can be done asap. As mentioned above M31 will soon be leaving us for a few months. 

After some digging I assume that just prior to the site visit towards the end of last year, incomplete jobs were downloaded. Indeed I have now looked and found this one along with a few other jobs on one disc. It appears that I hadn't looked at the data at the time and since then I'd completely forgot about it. It's an age thing. :(

So, after calibrating it today it appears that there is a reasonable amount of data with the exception of the Red subs. I couldn't find any usable ones at all. All that appears to be missing to create an HaLRGB image are those Red subs. Fingers crossed that if these are collected there will be a close alignment with the data we have. I'm sure Steve did his best in that regard. 

There is still however an outstanding question as to whether the 59.6% it says in the job queue has been collected is: just the data we already have ; only data collected post site visit or a mix of both.

It might be useful to download this, at your convenience, since there may be Red subs collected post visit we can use. As previously mentioned, subject to close alignment with the original data.

If there is anything I've got wrong, or, you've successfully processed an image using the data and explain what you did, then it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham