By simonnickydowning on Sunday, 30 August 2020
Posted in Latest Images
Replies 5
Likes 0
Views 326
Votes 0
[font=Verdana]Well another morning rises and I start processing. 100 subs at 3 minutes long each of this iconic object - thus an integration time of 5 hours, using this amazing gear. Thanks everyone.... Simon Pier 4 is a ZWO ASI-2066MC Pro OSC, with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 lens stopped to F/2, an Astromechanics focuser, guided with a ZWO ASI-120 Mini and ZWO Mini guide scope, on an Astro Physics AP900 GTo3 mount. The mount actually runs unguided, so the guide scope is in there only as a backup. IC1396 Pier 4  v2.jpg [/font]
Hi Simon, Lovely image and so much to see besides ic1396. I notice Sh2-129, B152, B169-71 besides many more.I expect that in the image you have these can all be seen more clearly, It's great that you are back busy editing again, a good sign I hope. I thought that Ced207 must have been Mr A's (Astronomy) choice. Seemed the ideal kind of bizarre object for him to choose.   Regarding the possibility that there may be dozens or even hundreds of images of this by others, I haven't seen any, but it could be part of something with a more common name.  Hope you enjoy this long weekend. Ray
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Beautiful Simon
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Thanks again Peter, the encouragement keeps me going! Enjoy the Bank Holiday...
·
3 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
Looking good Simon
·
3 years ago