Wednesday, 24 August 2022
  7 Replies
  841 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hi,

i see many jobs on a mosaic of IC 1396. But their pane numbers make no sense to me  Maybe "Mike" can shed some light on this.

Please see attached screen shot for better understanding ....

vikas

Attachments (1)
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello vikas,

My first goal was to make a 3x3 mosaic but it's such a beautiful part of the sky that I have decided to expand this one. With a whopping of 7x7 panels. 

If you use Telescopius then enter 7x7 panels . Put IC1396 in the field and use a overlap of 25% for the panels.

The panels are in landscape mode. (pier5)
Maybe than you can understand the numbering of the panels.

Center of the mosaic RA: 21 39 06, DEC 57 30 00

Best regards,

Mike

Votes
Undo

A close approximation of the 7x7 mosaic, where pane 25 is at the centre. Also included are 5x5 and 3x3 part mosaics.

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Ok got it !! ....Wow!!... a 7x7 Mosaic!! .....that wud need some processing skills and patience....but even the 3x3 wud be a nice image

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Here is the result of the IC1396 3x3 mosaic.

Attachments (1)
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

The 7x7 mosaic of IC1396 with pier5

1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks Mike. Very useful

Votes
Undo

This is a version of the finished mosaic, desperately in need of additional work admittedly. Included should be crops from the mosaic at a higher resolution to give a larger view of some of the objects it contains.

The vast majority of the 30 panes were only 1 hour exposures, so apart from the over saturation and bad colour representation, maybe you'll agree this project by Mike was a good use of the time. I would have liked to have had the top row (43-48) and the left columns (14, 21, 28, 35, 42 & 49) collected, to make it into a 6 x 7, but never mind. Always next year I guess.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham