Wednesday, 18 August 2021
  8 Replies
  614 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello . 
i ve scheduled a clasic view of the two giant nebula of automn sky , the heart and soul nebula 
i m amaze of the field of view , the two in one pane !
if this cam wasnt so expensive ... :) 

Capture d’écran 2021-08-18 174503.png

Pane 1, 02hr 43'38", 61º 07' 00",

SHO :  Ha 40x240s  2h30
O and S : 60x240s  4h each
Job1141
Votes
Undo
Hi Florent,

Richard made a nice mosaic of these a while back. It had to be a mosaic as the pier was in what I call portrait orientation, so required 2 frames, as opposed to the single frame in landscape. What didn't help was that the camera was off vertical so it wasn't easy to align. Richard did a great job, while I took the easy route and produced separate images of both objects. :) Perhaps if Richard reads this he'll post his mosaic and if he can remember the number of frames he used per filter. I'm looking forward to this since I'll now be able to get them both without the added work to make a seamless mosaic. 

Thanks for the interesting submissions you've made on pier 1. Do you have any thoughts on the m76 (petit dumbell) results. Really struggling with it and wonder if it's worth repeating after the rig is serviced with the addition of RGB data. Are you having any issues with the O3 data? Not sure if it is overexposed. I like the Ngc7008 you did and look forward to seeing ngc660 one that was high on my list. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi ray 
on pier1 , m76 is really too smal i think , very hard to get something decent . It is over exposed . We can try shorter sub but i think that the target is too small
Votes
Undo
Hi Florent,

Fair enough, it is rather tiny but many times larger than one pointed out by Steve, M2-9. :) Minowski's butterfly at 115" x 18", under about 20 pixels wide! 

Cheers,

Ray

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
then we should retry with shorter subs :)
Votes
Undo
Hi Florent,

I think we should but definitely include some RGB. Have you looked at any others on Astrobin and Telescopius where they used some RGB to see what they did. This is a nice looking nebula. I've not used the HDR process in pixinsight yet but maybe we could with the 2 different exposure time sets and see what we get.

Cheers,

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Florent,

Richard made a nice mosaic of these a while back. It had to be a mosaic as the pier was in what I call portrait orientation, so required 2 frames, as opposed to the single frame in landscape. What didn't help was that the camera was off vertical so it wasn't easy to align. Richard did a great job, while I took the easy route and produced separate images of both objects. :) Perhaps if Richard reads this he'll post his mosaic and if he can remember the number of frames he used per filter. I'm looking forward to this since I'll now be able to get them both without the added work to make a seamless mosaic. 

Cheers, 

Ray 

Florent,

This is the thread with the Heart and Soul Mosaic  https://www.roboscopes.com/index.php/forum/pier-14-objects-to-image-2/563-heart-and-soul-mosaic

30 x 240s Ha, 45 x 240s O3, 30 x 240s S2

It is a bit cramped because I got the mosaic coordinates wrong, but pretty good data.

I plan to reprocess soon.

Richard
2 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Florent,

I think we should but definitely include some RGB. Have you looked at any others on Astrobin and Telescopius where they used some RGB to see what they did. This is a nice looking nebula. I've not used the HDR process in pixinsight yet but maybe we could with the 2 different exposure time sets and see what we get.

Cheers,

Ray 

ray, you are right for RGB data . 
I m currently trying to find a good process to add RGB star colors on an SHO palette image for my own data at home :) 
Not so easy to do with 2 camera with different framing . 
If you have a goog working process to share , i m in !

I will add a job for RGB data so it can be shoot during moon down period while SHO is ok during full moon. 
Votes
Undo
Florent,

I'm not sure how to insert links into my posts so I hope you don't mind typing this into your browser. It's a video on YouTube I located by doing a search.

Type the following or at least part of it:-

Easily combine RGB stars with narrowband in Pixinsight!

I've watched it and it looks quite straightforward. I'm sure there are many other ways but this does appear to be a good and easy way of going about it.

Regarding different cameras, maybe use Star alignment to align the 2 images first, then apply this. Not sure if it would be completely successful. 

Cheers,

Ray 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!