Latest Announcement: Roboscopes are moving over to a monthly payment system for Memberships & Syndicates View Post
  Friday, 12 May 2023
  27 Replies
  856 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I wonder if members of Pier-14 fancy a change/Upgrade?

Option 1

Takahashi Epsilon E-130D F3.3 Astrograph, We have one on Pier-6 now and we love it. its as fantastic scope with superb correction and no bad points. It will offer much better correction on and off axis over the current FSQ106. if you choose this option we can do it on the next visit mid June which again wont impact upon imaging time because of it being June LOL

With the 35mm 6200 sensor it's a much wider FOV than you have at present and it all depends if that's what you want

Option 2

OS R2000 F/3 with ASI 6200 35mm sensor

This scope would not be ready until next Spring2024 as Pete is building a RH200 F/3 rig behind the scenes, it gives refractor type images due to the lack of diffraction spikes but lacks the aberrations associated with fast APOS and smallCMOS pixels cameras cool

RH200 AT

So, are members interested in an upgrade from the FSQ-106/ZWO 2600MMPro APSc to a RH200/ZWO 6200MMPro 35mm sensor ?

• 600mm Focal length
  • 1.29"/PX resolution
  • FOV: it is almost identical to what you have now

If you do like this idea we are suggesting this happens early spring next year as its wet season so wont really impact on imaging time with the weather being less than ideal anyway LOL

I will put a poll at the bottom as we really want all members to be on board and happy with the change as its a lot of extra work for Roboscopes

Steve

Chose what option you prefer
(12 Votes)

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Things to do, so little time!

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

8 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Must be due to all the royalty payments you're getting for those repeats of Walker, Texas Ranger. :)

Seriously, I'd bill Steve for all your credit card interest payments until he's installed and got it running. That will be an awesome setup. :) 

Ray
Roboscopes Guinea Pig

8 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

I've just seen your message you cheeky bar steward! You know full well that 160 went on a bloody credit card!!!!!!!

I don’t know what you mean sir ????????

Please ignore my dylexia wherever possible, just be thankful I can control my Tourettes ;)

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

7 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

The 160 has landed and I have just started the build...

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

7 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Will the 160 replace the 130 or is this for a different pier?

Daniel

7 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

Will the 160 replace the 130 or is this for a different pier?

Daniel

This one is for Pier-14, having said that we do have 2x E-160 in stock but the 2nd one may end up in Chile if I get my way

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

7 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

If we want to put in a request for data on Pier 14, should we factor in the 160's focal length now rather than the 130?

7 months ago
·
Votes
Undo

If we want to put in a request for data on Pier 14, should we factor in the 160's focal length now rather than the 130?

Phil, plan for the 130 for now, I doubt I will have the time too do the swap on the the trip in 10 days plus we are still awaiting the new flat panel to arrive amongst other things

Steve

Steve
Roboscopes Tea Boy

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Follow Us

Newsletter

Proud to use

• FLI

• 656 Imaging

• 10 Micron

• Planewave

• ZWO

Company Details:

Roboscopes

802 Kingsbury Road
Birmingham